them

MisterC

5 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

We know the answer to this but why hasn’t SFA investigated the bigots comments. If St Johnstone  and Hamilton are putting other football teams players under threat due to being unable to adhere to protocols then they must investigate. 

A normal media is what forces authorities to act and get the truth of matters but we have far from that. 

It's unbelievable that they took 60 people to Dubai 

Celtic explain why they haven't revealed identity of second coronavirus case

By Aidan Smith

-----------------

Neil Lennon has explained why Celtic have not revealed the identity of their second positive coronavirus case.

The Hoops manager was alerted of the positive case yesterday during his press conference and he explained the situation to the media.

He said: "Just to clarify we have had one other person who has been deemed positive.

"We have had two out of the whole 60. I do know who it is but the person would rather remain private for now."

Lennon did confirm that the positive test was a player and that he was part of the group who have been isolating due to Christopher Jullien's earlier positive result.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19021624.celtic-explain-havent-revealed-identity-second-coronavirus-case/

17 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

As others have said his comments weren't the rant of a crazy guy, he knew exactly who he wanted to involve in it & listening to the full thing last night, he was going to do it regardless of the media's line of question.

The whole thing was just a smokescreen to take away from the taigs fuck up of Dubai & to drag as many people as possible into the mess. 

Hopefully the government hammer them like you said but I seriously doubt they'll start going after individual football clubs & any backlash isn't coming from the league officials as they have been as quiet as we all expected they would be. 

By the time it all calms down again, they'll either have won a few games & pulled some points back and they'll just want to discuss 'football matters' going forward or the league will be all but finished & he'll have been sacked.

Agreed.

Lennon also said he wants an apology from Andy Walker before he or any of his players talk to Sky Sports in the near future. Wouldn't that breach their basic media requirements under the terms of their membership?

Appendix 5, Section B in the SPFL rule book

Just now, Sweetheart said:

Agreed.

Lennon also said he wants an apology from Andy Walker before he or any of his players talk to Sky Sports in the near future. Wouldn't that breach their basic media requirements under the terms of their membership?

Appendix 5, Section B in the SPFL rule book

Yep it would but they'll end up just wheeling out Kennedy/Strachan tonight to do the basic interviews & wait for the apology

Although I know Walker is a taig sympathiser, he's not one to back down very quickly so got a feeling they'll be waiting quite a while :lol:

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Yep it would but they'll end up just wheeling out Kennedy/Strachan tonight to do the basic interviews & wait for the apology

Although I know Walker is a taig sympathiser, he's not one to back down very quickly so got a feeling they'll be waiting quite a while :lol:

This could get interesting. :popcorn:

I don't think Walker should apologize, what he said was true and most of their fans think so too otherwise they wouldn't be hanging banners outside of their club demanding Lawwell and Lennon are sacked.

Just now, CR3 said:

Imagine breaking this story on the morning of a big game for livi. Scum media.

8F27372D-3C62-4788-870A-2C175020A918.jpeg

Just read that the guy surely deserves a chance. Doubt the game will be on tonight anyway, they won’t want it with all their covid problems and snow is on all day in Livingston. 

13 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Just read that the guy surely deserves a chance. Doubt the game will be on tonight anyway, they won’t want it with all their covid problems and snow is on all day in Livingston. 

Yeah I agree with getting a second chance. At this point, I actually want that other mob to get their games in hand played so it’s less excuses from them and we can enjoy looking at the gap with equal games played. Not even bothering their arse to play them it has seemed.

4 minutes ago, CR3 said:

I don’t see how this can affect his career as a club manager .It would be upto the club to allow it or not .Don’t think any role within the national set up would be possible though .

4 minutes ago, CR3 said:

He's paid his debt to society four years of a six-and-a-half-year sentence. If he fails his SFA 'fit and proper persons' test due to his past then surely Desmond and a few others should be reviewed.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/36073/12192685/david-martindale-livingston-boss-hopes-criminal-past-wont-deny-him-a-managerial-career

Just now, CR3 said:

Yeah I agree with getting a second chance. At this point I actually want that other mob to get their games in hand played so it’s less excuses from them and we can enjoy looking at the gap with an equal games played. Not even bothering their arse to play them its seemed. 

They’ll avoid anymore match covid test till following Wednesday, the bastards will take advantage of that. I’d be surprised if the games on tonight, they’ll have their authorities having it postponed already probably. 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

They’ll avoid anymore match covid test till following Wednesday, the bastards will take advantage of that. I’d be surprised if the games on tonight, they’ll have their authorities having it postponed already probably. 

The players still need tested twice a week.

Its why elite sport is allowed. You don't get days off testing because you don't have a game for a week 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Surely if they're playing tonight the club will have to do a test after having another anonymous player test positive?

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Hes a convicted drug dealer ffs. 

King was passed fit and proper despite having a chequered past to say the least.

But these money men always skrit very close to the edge between legal and illegal.

Being involved in the supply of class A's is a wee bit different :lol:

He's still paid his debt to society. He must have turned a page to get the job at Livingston. I think the guy deserves a second chance before the key is thrown away.

40 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

I can't believe how quiet it's all gone regarding this shitstorm. Could it possibly be that we have heard the last of it? 

Shame on the gov't, the spfl and the sfa

I reckon it’ll all kick off again today based on this story ....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/christopher-jullien-moved-seats-celtic-19660549.amp

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

Offt

Christopher Jullien 'moved seats' on Celtic bus and forced more people into self isolation as close contacts

The French defender tested positive with 13 players and three staff members deemed close contacts.

By Mark McDougall

---------------------

Celtic were forced to put more players into isolation than expected because Christopher Jullien didn't sit in the same seat on bus journeys, according to a report.

Neil Lennon was fizzing about the amount of players and staff members who were forced to isolate for 10 days on their return from Dubai and accused the government of having an agenda against Celtic.

He insisted Covid-19 protocols had changed which sparked the isolation periods and reckoned most clubs in Scotland will have been breaking them.

But now the Daily Record report that Jullien moved seats on the bus and that's what led to more people being deemed close contacts after the Frenchman tested positive.

After he returned the positive test, Celtic sent photographs of how the players were position on both the flight and their bus journeys in Dubai.

And that small change of Jullien moving seats in different photographs meant more people had to isolate than they would have if the defender had stayed in one seat.

In his incredible outburst, Lennon had said: “On the plane it was the guys that were closest to them. So all of a sudden it was two rows back, two rows forward, two rows to the side.

“We were under the impression that with business class seats the distance from two seats back was pretty safe.

“And some lads had to isolate because they were on buses with Christopher.

“This is where I’m confused because all clubs in Scotland have been travelling up and down the country in two buses.

“With these guidelines that we’re now having to adhere to it means that only three players can travel on a 52-seater bus.

“So when we played Hibs last Monday we had to bus six players on two 52-seater buses. So that would mean every club in the country with say, you know, 30 people, would have to take 10 buses.

“So for me the goalposts are completely moved.

“And now all of sudden we adhere to all protocols, have taken photographs, adhered to every rule in place and we have 13 players, and three staff isolating for 10 days that, apart from one, are all negative. It’s absolutely preposterous.”

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/christopher-jullien-moved-seats-celtic-19660549