them

MisterC

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That clip of Alan Brazil thinking it was a wind up and Ally pissing himself in the background was funny on a few levels, not least that Brazil actually played against him in Australia and he still had no idea who he was :lol: 

Got to find that! Sounds like a quality minute or two.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There's a lot of ignorance on both sides to be fair. Here we take a pretty narrow view of people coming in and giving chances to new ideas from outside. It's always been the case. Le Guen and Venglos fell victim to that to certain extent.

But equally 99% of Australian football fans and their media have no idea about Scottish football and how he is walking into one of the two toughest jobs in football in terms of scrutiny, demand and pressure. They don't understand that he has to get players on board first which will be tough due to the above, and that his style of football does not guarantee he is going to be a success. They have no understanding of the concept that drawing a game is not an option. Celtic fans will wax lyrical about playing the Celtic way and all that romantic guff but if they string 600 passes together and get done on the counter and lose 1-0 to St Mirren the knives will be out.

I was reading an article yesterday where Mark Milligan showed up that despite playing in Scotland for a season he really had no idea about what makes things tick in the West of Scotland.

You're definitely right about the 'funny foreigner' thing in this country but this one is imo justified.  

I genuinely just seen a clip of an Australian journalist saying he is one of the top 5/10 coaches in the world and the J League is one of the strongest in world football.  That seems to be the general consensus(at least the bot about him, maybe not the league).  They all seem to acknowledge he takes a year to get it right but none of them seem aware he won't get that.

Also started to see the excuse for them finishing 9th last year was a shorter season due to covid and them having to play more than 1 game a week and his players couldn't cope physically with the way he plays. Any manager at us or them should be looking to be getting 55+ games a season

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'll see if I can find it - it was on twitter.

Found it :lol: brilliant. The replies from tarriers trying to convince everyone that he is a wonder manager is fucking beautiful.

1 minute ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

It’s a page or 2 back iirc

Sorry I ain't like @BridgeIsBlueand do the hard yards going through every page :lol:

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Keeping clueless and laptop would be the icing on the cake.

Got to wonder if that's part of what made Howe say no to the provos.

Yes it would be good I feel, I wonder who many backroom guys this Ange has at the moment.

Strange he is not taking his right hand man with him.  :hmmm:

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Yes it would be good I feel, I wonder who many backroom guys this Ange has at the moment.

Strange he is not taking his right hand man with him.  :hmmm:

They're struggling to get the paperwork for him let alone an assistant :lol:

Probably have to get all the staff here.

9 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

You're definitely right about the 'funny foreigner' thing in this country but this one is imo justified.  

I genuinely just seen a clip of an Australian journalist saying he is one of the top 5/10 coaches in the world and the J League is one of the strongest in world football.  That seems to be the general consensus(at least the bot about him, maybe not the league).  They all seem to acknowledge he takes a year to get it right but none of them seem aware he won't get that.

Also started to see the excuse for them finishing 9th last year was a shorter season due to covid and them having to play more than 1 game a week and his players couldn't cope physically with the way he plays. Any manager at us or them should be looking to be getting 55+ games a season

You never know but with a bit of luck he might not have to worry about European games for too long 😂

3 hours ago, stevemac said:

The most baffling thing is how inexperienced this guy is. This is the kind of manager you'd expect to see turf up at a mid table league 1 english club or at a push a hearts/dundee united type of club. He has only ever signed 5 players in his career and barring a short spell in the greek lower leagues, and a couple of years in japan, has literally done fuck all.

Aye at one of those clubs after a new crackpot owner has taken over.

When we played Braga their manager didn't have the required coaching qualification either, did he? Might have that wrong.

Huge gamble from them with guaranteed CL football on offer through winning the league, and the fact they're retaining Kennedy and Strachan is mental IMO. Don't think this guy will turn out to be a complete disaster - though I hope he's Pedro levels of bad - but the turmoil they're in and the mental gymnastics their fans/rent a gubs in the press go through to justify the move is great to watch.