them

MisterC

23 minutes ago, BigDak said:

By the way, what the fuck does that even mean? 

Is this some bullshit they’ve fed themselves about how great the football is they play? Like they’re Barca or something?

From snippets I’ve come across it relates to some brand of flowing, adventurous football, where they’re happy to let goals in as long as they score more.

Saw one guy a few years back, in who’s own mind a typical sellik score would be a 4-2 win.

Possibly all dreamt up as a counterpoint to our reputation as being very strong defensively, e.g. the famous ‘Iron Curtain’ of the post-war years.

16 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

The sun are running a story saying John Barnes wants Gerrard to quit for the EPL in case celtic win the league next season by 20 points 😄😄

Gutter press running scared

:confused: What a muppet. 

That theory would surely apply to every manager of every club then? “Just in case”

24 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Just read that they want Yogi Hughes to manage their Colts side. Guaranteed that when Ange goes tits up he steps into the first team job as a long-term interim. This whole thing is just a protracted way for them to appoint the ex Ross County manager. 

That’s a pity. I quite like Hughes.

24 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Just read that they want Yogi Hughes to manage their Colts side. Guaranteed that when Ange goes tits up he steps into the first team job as a long-term interim. This whole thing is just a protracted way for them to appoint the ex Ross County manager. 

Would be great if after we beat them in the old firm he spent the post match press conference talking about how good a football team we are like he did when we thumped Ross County. 

This is all too fantastic :lol:

Going for some C-List manager and it turns out he can't even come across legally to manage. Not only that, he has to come in to the C-Team too; The Leftovers; (Strachan, Kennedy et al) :lol: 

If we don't have another invincible season and pump these bastards 4 times....

1 hour ago, rangersross said:

No way he could be the manager, he's too nice and honest. They'd kick him out in a week.

1 hour ago, MorelosRangers said:

The sun are running a story saying John Barnes wants Gerrard to quit for the EPL in case celtic win the league next season by 20 points 😄😄

Gutter press running scared

It was off the back of some chat Barnes had with a betting company I've never heard of. 

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

From snippets I’ve come across it relates to some brand of flowing, adventurous football, where they’re happy to let goals in as long as they score more.

Saw one guy a few years back, in who’s own mind a typical sellik score would be a 4-2 win.

Possibly all dreamt up as a counterpoint to our reputation as being very strong defensively, e.g. the famous ‘Iron Curtain’ of the post-war years.

Ah right.

Genuine question: Am I that biased that I’ve never noticed this? Or am I right in thinking this is a complete fabrication?

Granted I only ever really watch them when we’re playing them or once in a blue moon if they’re playing a team in Europe who is likely going to batter them. They’re the second best team in Scotland so of course they’re going to play free flowing football against the rest of the dross. And, aye, ok there have been OF games where our keepers have won the game for us. But that doesn’t mean they’re some majestic, pure footballing wonders.

These people are surely deluded.

13 minutes ago, BigDak said:

Ah right.

Genuine question: Am I that biased that I’ve never noticed this? Or am I right in thinking this is a complete fabrication?

Granted I only ever really watch them when we’re playing them or if they’re playing a team in Europe who is likely going to batter them. They’re the second best team in Scotland so of course they’re going to play free flowing football against the rest of the dross. And, aye, ok there have been OF games where our keepers have won the game for us. But that doesn’t mean they’re some majestic, pure footballing wonders.

It's been around as a concept for quite a while. Whether it's actually true I don't know. There's a quote that does the rounds attributed to Willie Waddell that at Rangers we more prefer strong and powerful players compared to players such as Jimmy Johnstone.

During the Smith v Burns years they probably played better football and gave us a run in a few games but it meant fuck all in the scheme of trophies and I know what I'd rather have. But that reversed under Advocaat and O'Neil.

My old man always says that he was more excited for Souness coming as a player rather than as a manager because at the time our midfield in the 80s had some excellent footballers like Russell, Bett, Redford, Prytz and Durrant and Ferguson were coming through but they were a bit too soft when they came up against Murdo MacLeod and Roy Aitken. 

50 minutes ago, BigDak said:

Ah right.

Granted I only ever really watch them when we’re playing them or once in a blue moon if they’re playing a team in Europe who is likely going to batter them. They’re the second best team in Scotland so of course they’re going to play free flowing football against the rest of the dross. And, aye, ok there have been OF games where our keepers have won the game for us. But that doesn’t mean they’re some majestic, pure footballing wonders.

I think it may have originated in their first nine in a row years, then it’s absence started to be noticed during our 9, since when the ‘sellik way’ seems to have become a bit of a ‘thing’.

As you say, they’re deluding themselves!

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

He said: "In terms of club I do not want to go into anything. We'll get to that later, but it's a top 5 league I aim for."

"You have to be careful with what you say to the media.

"For those outside, it is difficult to understand how important football is in Glasgow.

"There could have been 120,000 spectators if only the stadium had been expanded.

:lol:

Laughable stuff.