them

MisterC

2 hours ago, blaudrup said:

This follows on from the posted jokes, but I'm laughing at just how often and how passionately they are going to be reminded that their manager is Athenian once the crowds are back.

:boughy:

we could be up to our knees in Athenian blood :whistle:

5 hours ago, B1872 said:

The scums issue last season was defending. So what do they do? Bring in a manager who is known for having issues defensively and goes all out attack! Fuck me man 😂

Looking forward to seeing the Australian equivalent of Herrera and Pena rocking up at the dump.

12 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

A banner like no other...

Ma ribs canny take anny more..

I see Liewell's name isn't included this time when he's as guilty as any of them of leading them up the garden path.

5 hours ago, Brubear said:

I obviously hope the guy is a failure but we should wait to see how the guy does. We will probably have a good idea by October. The tarriers have a thread on kerryfail which started just before SG came to us and the general theme of the posts are that we were miles behind them and an inexperienced manager was no threat to them. Us appointing Gerrard not only guaranteed them 10 but many more titles beyond that. Well we all know how that went so we should keep our powder dry for now. SG got backing from our board and time to build something I am hoping Ange is afforded neither resources or time. 

There is a big difference, in my opinion. Steven Gerrard was completely unknown as a coach/manager. They were basing it on nothing. Steven Gerrard has worked with the best Managers/coaches throughout his footballing life. He knows what is required at the very top level. This guy IS know as a manager / coach. We can see what his teams look like. We know that he has NOT worked at the highest levels. There is a massive difference. 

11 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Gerrard was always going to be a success. 

see when you think about the job he’s done with us it blows your mind. Absolute legend 

And he took the job knowing that if he couldn’t get it done at Rangers he would probably lose any shot at managing Liverpool.  

32 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Gerrard was always going to be a success. 

see when you think about the job he’s done with us it blows your mind. Absolute legend 

One trophy in nine “blows your mind”?

Pleased to have him, Europe has been good throughout and this season in the league was incredible but not sure it’s been quite “mind blowing”. 

He’s been Rangers manager for three years and has won a single trophy, now clearly there’s some mitigation and we all hope and believe there’s much more to come but I also think some people are going way overboard on Gerrard.