them

MisterC

19 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They have a strong market capitalisation and below-average gearing (for football clubs). They could easily go to market and raise £10m+ tomorrow if they wanted to, or go to a bank and convert their current liabilities to longer term debt. 

The problem is that would only serve as an additional distraction to them and they are in total turmoil on the football side of things. 

That would just kick the can down the road for them, they fucked it badly pre rodgers by not streamlining the club, like its wages, costs etc, their wage bill will be more this season than it was in the last accounts, and it was crippling them then

The end of this summer will either see desmond dip into his pocket and fund their revival, or they will be an absolute shambles, my money is on the latter given he hasnt done fuck all for them before and now there's an obvious friction between him and the fanbase

Good stuff for us 😂

33 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Aye, I read a few of their players are wanting out. Pish

They had a couple of decent players. The wee Brazilian in midfield was quite good. Wonder how he has progressed. I think they had a Nigerian boy who was decent too. Thinking about teams we've played previously wouldn't mind raiding Antwerp. They had some decent players too. 

43 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Even when their struggling they always get luck somewhere along the line. Could’ve drew Galatasary or Sparta who put about 8 by them in the EL

Galatasary are woeful these days. 

The sides they could have got are all at similar levels. 

2 hours ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

Going backwards looking for old players again :lol: 

I hope they bring back McGeady, Stokes and the magical Hooper :lol: :bow: 

They’ve just been pipped for one of their former big hitters effe ambrose, Queens Park have ‘swooped’ for him apparently don’t think they could match QP’s wage offer.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We pumped the Dames 7-3 on aggregate two seasons ago.

If they can't beat a minnow team like that, then they are in for a long season. And I don't think they can beat them as I'm pretty sure the Danes will be well into their league campaign.

:matron:

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbf we have one as well, probably every club does 

Still funny to see them try and pay it though, they are genuinely rooked

Yeh I knew about ours, our stock is on the rise mind you snd theirs is very much heading South. 
In reality we have a strong settled team who only need (imo) one or two quality additions to continue to progress, their rebuild job is well documented which will not be cheap and that’s even before looking at the off field liabilities and potential compensation pay outs coming up. Over and above this our board has time and time again supported the club financially whereas theirs have taken a health income and I don’t see them staying there to do otherwise. Lawwell leaving at this time is no coincidence…

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

And I don't think they can beat them as I'm pretty sure the Danes will be well into their league campaign.

Prelude to Postecoglou’s argument standing in a bush moment…

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

We pumped the Dames 7-3 on aggregate two seasons ago.

If they can't beat a minnow team like that, then they are in for a long season. And I don't think they can beat them as I'm pretty sure the Danes will be well into their league campaign.

1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

I’ve read celtic have 10 days to submit their euro squad for this match 🤣🤣🤣. Nae luck ange postcodelottery👋🏻

Pretty sure it's an initial submission and you can amend it nearer the time though. Same like registering squads for the league.