them

MisterC

2 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

On paper they should be an improvement but footballs not played on paper, could turn out very Warburton-ish. 

Hart has been on a downtrend stat wise for a number of years and McCarthy is injury prone. We have nothing to worry about. We've already been through this with Kranjcar and Senderos

3 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

Hart has been on a downtrend stat wise for a number of years and McCarthy is injury prone. We have nothing to worry about. We've already been through this with Kranjcar and Senderos

Im In no way too worried but they should be an improvement to their squad, I’d imagine they’d still need a good 6/7 players right enough. 

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

2 panic buys

Exactly what they are. Hart hasn't played any regular first team football in years and Mccarthy is an injury prone midfielder. Our midfield will absolutely boss him. 

It's quite funny to see the taigs trying to big these 2 up as game changers. Remeber when they said guys like Robbie Keane and Duffy would do the same 🤣

McCarthy, like Hart, was very good back in the day. However, he's now 30 and has struggled with injuries for years.

Had they signed him for 12 months with an option of extending, you'd probably have to say it's a risk worth taking but 4 years? That is utterly insane.

Rumours that the manager didn't want them seem to make sense as I can't imagine a guy who wants his players to empty the tank every single match wants his main midfielder to be a guy that has managed around 30 games (minutes wise) in 5 years.

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

2 panic buys

I doubt big Ange would have picked these two if he had the choice. Probably better than what they have.

Probably being the correct word.

One has sat on the bench ‘cause he’s been getting worse over the past 8 years and the other has at best only managed 33 games in a season…

2 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

4 year deal for McCarthy, that's fucking wild

Have they agreed a lower weekly wage in the hope of punting them for nothing in a year or two if it doesn't work out? 3 and 4 year contracts sound like madness though. 

Seems like two pish signings but can't slag them too much for that, we've had our fair share of hasbeens through the door in recent years. But fingers crossed two panic buy duds to appease them.

Contract lengths are interesting for two veteran players - McCarthy on a four year deal, and Hart on three years. That's a lot of money tied up in, relatively speaking, older players. If they fail, they'll be really hard to shift without a significant pay off.

Ans as has been said above, never been so happy the day we moved from signing Barton's and Beattie's and moved to picking up guys like Aribo, Kamara and Alfie

Clearly both upgrades on what they have, but not exactly playing the long game or setting themselves a foundation for the future.

Over five million in contracts that will need to be paid up when it all goes tits up because they’ll struggle to sell either of these two at any price, ever.

And still not a single player on their staff would get into our squad, let alone our starting eleven.

51 minutes ago, TheEyesHaveit said:

Furohashi san....Iniesta say GO to celtic... I remember as a young boy looking at my first celtic poster

above my bed and it brought a tear to the eye of Iniesta....looking down were Wayne Biggins, Carl Muggleton and Anton Rogan...

There are enough things to laugh at them just now for without making things up.