them

MisterC

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm still not ready to admit defeat in that tbh.

Last season they won 13/15 of their opening games. Drew 1-1 at Killie and lost to Ferencvaros.

After we beat them at the dump everything changed. Duffy/Ajeti were not hero's anymore.

Hoping a AZ comeback next Thursday and a defeat to us will have them at 4 defeats in 10 games and into ECL. 

Which would certainly still maintain they are pretty poor in my opinion.

I think most of us hoped for complete calamity. No wins, players on strike, Postecoglou getting hit with an inflatable shark at a presser. 

So from that perspective, they're not as bad as we hoped. 

8 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

There still seems to be a head in the sand attitude towards them on here.

”They are skint” - then they go out and sign a bunch of players

”They can’t defend” - they are winning their matches, so far

”Joe Hart can’t dive to his left” - he did last night!

”Just wait until they have to play in a wet, freezing December match” - ??? Who knows.

I don’t know if they’ll continue in the form they have been in but they do look a completely different beast to last season, as do we sadly. They are very high energy and will simply blow a lot of teams away in the first half. There seems to be a lot of Hope on here that they will blow themselves out, and that may be the case. But it seems a blind hope to be honest.

There was a feeling that we were so far ahead that it would take a season or so for them to sort themselves out. This has been shown to be utter horseshit.

Like it or not, if we play well this season will be close. Others are entitled to disagree of course.

We need them to get stuffed by someone to bring them back to earth. Hearts was a start but they seem to have recovered from it, especially as the points were dropped by us the very next week.

My hope is we go on a run and little by little their new found confidence ebbs away but I don’t think it’ll be that simple this season.

One final thing to note - the reduction of subs to three has really nobbled us, as we have a very strong bench these days. It suits them, given they have lost players and are rebuilding.

Plus having  there fans back seems to help put the fear up opposition team .

34 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Let's be honest though, they're not as bad as we hoped. 

They’re absolutely not as bad as we hoped and will be a big challenge but the media love in with them is cringeworthy. AZ on another night could have had 2 or 3 and are technically way ahead of celtic. I’m more concerned about us than them 

13 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Last night was like the LC final where we dominated but still lost. On that balance of play, the better team will win most times. Which of the AZ players did you think were shite?

You either never watched the LC final or never watched last nights game. Joe Hart hardly had a save to make but the AZ keeper had several decent stops.

Gudmundsson, Pavlidis, Aboukhlal were all shite.

Oh dear - didn't realise they were playing last night.

Anyway - what they do in Europe has no real impact on us.  They might get cash for group stages but coefficient will go up which benefits us if they progress.

However the results have no bearing on the league and our own performances which is where we need to concentrate.

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You either never watched the LC final or never watched last nights game. Joe Hart hardly had a save to make but the AZ keeper had several decent stops.

Gudmundsson, Pavlidis, Aboukhlal were all shite.

Watched both and, as for last night, I thought AZ had no failures, especially early on when they blew the scum away. Stonewall penalty denied and good chance missed or the tie would have been over well before half time. Scum grew into it and the crowd was a huge help. Jammy second typified the night. AZ are clearly the better side and I hope they prove that in the second leg.

15 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Watched both and, as for last night, I thought AZ had no failures, especially early on when they blew the scum away. Stonewall penalty denied and good chance missed or the tie would have been over well before half time. Scum grew into it and the crowd was a huge help. Jammy second typified the night. AZ are clearly the better side and I hope they prove that in the second leg.

If you watched both and think they were similar then what exactly was similar?

They had chances to kill the tie completely and AZ are clearly not the better side. Wee pretty patterns of play with no end product doesn't win you games, especially when you flap under pressure at the back. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Butler said:

Let's be honest though, they're not as bad as we hoped. 

If they go in to the season with basically this team, and a subs bench this bad, then that's pretty much as bad as you could honestly hope for. That wee kyoga guy aside (who will undoubtedly get clattered a few times) they are bang average 

Don't swallow the hype man 

Screenshot_20210819-112623.png

Screenshot_20210819-112656.png

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

If they go in to the season with basically this team, and a subs bench this bad, then that's pretty much as bad as you could honestly hope for. That wee kyoga guy aside (who will undoubtedly get clattered a few times) they are bang average 

Don't swallow the hype man 

Screenshot_20210819-112623.png

Screenshot_20210819-112656.png

Don’t try and talk football with me again. 

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

I like how the media are building this up as some overnight renaissance under Ange. They tarrier fucks are lapping it up and believing the hype instead of watching what is really in front of them. Another defeat in the next 10 days will make delightful veiwing as they come crashing back down to earth.

There’s cunts on here that are worse than the media ,2 games into a season and we are shite and they are the new Lisbon lions,fucking pathetic.

Are we just to ignore the fact that they have played their last 4 games at home? 

They've had 3 games away from home, 2 of which they didn't win against teams who aren't exactly sensational.

If AZ had anything about them upfront they would've scored 3 or 4 last night. 

I'll reserve judgement until such times where they have gone to a few difficult domestic venues. I fully expect us to score plenty against them at the end of the month and at that stage they could have a 2 wins out of 4 in the league.