them

MisterC

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

That was my first thought too. I reckon we could be looking at loses of at least 20 million.

At least that you'd think.

59 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Our accounts are going to make the mhanks look like they're Jeff Bezos. Anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves on.

The fallout of not winning the league this year is unthinkable.

Baffling that people still haven't grasped where we are financially as a club.

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Our business in the past couple of windows should have given it away to the people still on denial about it. We are shopping in the bargain bin and signing a lot of players who have a very Warburton vibe to them. We are definitely relying on the core of guys who have been with Gerrard for a few years now to do the business for one more season and then looking at a massive sale and rebuild.

14 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

“Obviously we’ve lost Scott Brown, Kristofer Ajer, Odsonne Edouard, Olivier Ntcham, Leigh Griffiths, Ryan Christie, Nora the tealady, the Olivetti FRS-4351 Print-&-Copy Combi from the office, as well as heating and lighting between the hours of 10am and 3pm on weekdays, avocados from the player canteen and free pies and Bovril for club staff on matchdays, but that’ll all be worth it for the team we’re building,” he explained.

“And if it comes to it, I can always teach the lads how to trap, skin and cook a dingo from my time living Goolagongawozza in the Outback.”

🤣🤣

He’s going to be the source of much hilarity👍🏻😂😂😂

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

At least that you'd think.

I'm quite worried about the future if I'm honest. I'll admit that accounts isn't my thing and there will be plenty of posters on here who know a lot more about it than I do, but I know this isn't sustainable.

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I'm quite worried about the future if I'm honest. I'll admit that accounts isn't my thing and there will be plenty of posters on here who know a lot more about it than I do, but I know this isn't sustainable.

I'm not particularly worried as we have sellable assets if push comes to shove and have a proper scouting network in place for the first time in fuck knows how long but I know what you mean.

7 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

CL groups next season is a must and that’s was Murray’s downfall as his financial plan required CL every two seasons.

It’s a scary thought if we don’t win the league.

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

CL groups next season is a must and that’s was Murray’s downfall as his financial plan required CL every two seasons.

Scary thought indeed but I feel that we can only throw away the league. We have the strongest squad and I remain of the opinion that come the turn of the year we will have a comfortable lead.

27 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Murray always claimed he worked out the budget on us going of everything comp in the first round.

27 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Scary thought indeed but I feel that we can only throw away the league. We have the strongest squad and I remain of the opinion that come the turn of the year we will have a comfortable lead.

extend our lead within this round of fixtures and then us taking 3 points at the piggery should finish them off 🙏 

14 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Murray always claimed he worked out the budget on us going of everything comp in the first round.

Murray built a paper empire. I doubt that he had any concept of what a budget means. We were collateral damage of his metals company collapsing. You can only borrow for so long before lenders want their money back.

53 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Murray built a paper empire. I doubt that he had any concept of what a budget means. We were collateral damage of his metals company collapsing. You can only borrow for so long before lenders want their money back.

We were certainly the sacrificial lamb 

4 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

While I agree that things are not sustainable at present, I’m not too worried. Firstly we have saleable assets. I just think we’ve taken a calculated risk of not selling them to try for the CL group stage income.

Secondly, they are a PLC  who need to satisfy investor shareholders. Generally we are not. We seem to have investors who currently want to put money in rather than take it out. 

Most importantly, our unsustainable model was reliant on Murray. Our model now has a number of wealthy backers and if one goes tits up or withdraws backing there are others there. 

I’m sure our finances are going to be a bit of a horror show this year, but I’m also sure that they will show very positive improvements in income in commercial areas. But the key thing is that currently we have a group of investors willing to finance the losses.