them

MisterC

47 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

As a mark of respect we should have 90minutes hysterical applause in his memory. 

I'm sure he'd appreciate a rendition of The Billy Boys on the 29th minute (his old squad number) at the next Old Firm match. 

2 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Something extremely sinister about the way Graham Spiers constantly sticks up for paedophiles.

'As usual, no-one is interested in the finer details of Rix's crime. In actual fact, that case in 1999 was a complex one, with the 15-year-old girl in question, who was already in a relationship with Rix, coming as perilously close as you can get to being a consenting adult. Nonetheless, Rix's behaviour was to be deplored.

I still maintain, though, that the new Hearts coach deserves sympathy. He is neither a paedophile nor a pervert, yet the lynch-mobs are already marching on various phone-ins and websites . . . the latter, as ever, being invaded by semi-literates. Our football community really is a hive of hypocrisy.'

'I feel sorry for Hearts’ Craig Thomson, as deplorable as his actions have been. This kid, in the internet age, took a dire wrong turning.'

Sorry, what's this bit doing in this sentence? Is he saying it as some kind of mitigation? Yes she was 15, but he WAS in a relationship with her at least? 

15 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

They are going down the road we did with Pedro. Bringing in players the manager knows with not a thought giving if they could adapt to Scottish football.

Definitely BK, funnily enough I seem to remember how much this was pointed out at the time by SSB, but on this occasion it’s all but a master stroke. Surprised none of the presenters (by that I mean no affiliation to them) have not rounded on this, again put this down to being ‘over subjective’ and non partisan, because if I can clearly see this surely they too must?…