Jump to content

them


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Are the shite players going to suddenly become good or are the goals bigger over there?

Last night was like the LC final where we dominated but still lost. On that balance of play, the better team will win most times. Which of the AZ players did you think were shite?

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Let's be honest though, they're not as bad as we hoped. 

I'm still not ready to admit defeat in that tbh.

Last season they won 13/15 of their opening games. Drew 1-1 at Killie and lost to Ferencvaros.

After we beat them at the dump everything changed. Duffy/Ajeti were not hero's anymore.

Hoping a AZ comeback next Thursday and a defeat to us will have them at 4 defeats in 10 games and into ECL. 

Which would certainly still maintain they are pretty poor in my opinion.

Bad Robot and Dickie like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm still not ready to admit defeat in that tbh.

Last season they won 13/15 of their opening games. Drew 1-1 at Killie and lost to Ferencvaros.

After we beat them at the dump everything changed. Duffy/Ajeti were not hero's anymore.

Hoping a AZ comeback next Thursday and a defeat to us will have them at 4 defeats in 10 games and into ECL. 

Which would certainly still maintain they are pretty poor in my opinion.

I think most of us hoped for complete calamity. No wins, players on strike, Postecoglou getting hit with an inflatable shark at a presser. 

So from that perspective, they're not as bad as we hoped. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

There still seems to be a head in the sand attitude towards them on here.

”They are skint” - then they go out and sign a bunch of players

”They can’t defend” - they are winning their matches, so far

”Joe Hart can’t dive to his left” - he did last night!

”Just wait until they have to play in a wet, freezing December match” - ??? Who knows.

I don’t know if they’ll continue in the form they have been in but they do look a completely different beast to last season, as do we sadly. They are very high energy and will simply blow a lot of teams away in the first half. There seems to be a lot of Hope on here that they will blow themselves out, and that may be the case. But it seems a blind hope to be honest.

There was a feeling that we were so far ahead that it would take a season or so for them to sort themselves out. This has been shown to be utter horseshit.

Like it or not, if we play well this season will be close. Others are entitled to disagree of course.

We need them to get stuffed by someone to bring them back to earth. Hearts was a start but they seem to have recovered from it, especially as the points were dropped by us the very next week.

My hope is we go on a run and little by little their new found confidence ebbs away but I don’t think it’ll be that simple this season.

One final thing to note - the reduction of subs to three has really nobbled us, as we have a very strong bench these days. It suits them, given they have lost players and are rebuilding.

Plus having  there fans back seems to help put the fear up opposition team .

BlueThunder and BlueAvenger like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Let's be honest though, they're not as bad as we hoped. 

They’re absolutely not as bad as we hoped and will be a big challenge but the media love in with them is cringeworthy. AZ on another night could have had 2 or 3 and are technically way ahead of celtic. I’m more concerned about us than them 

MacBoyd and surfsup2 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Last night was like the LC final where we dominated but still lost. On that balance of play, the better team will win most times. Which of the AZ players did you think were shite?

You either never watched the LC final or never watched last nights game. Joe Hart hardly had a save to make but the AZ keeper had several decent stops.

Gudmundsson, Pavlidis, Aboukhlal were all shite.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dear - didn't realise they were playing last night.

Anyway - what they do in Europe has no real impact on us.  They might get cash for group stages but coefficient will go up which benefits us if they progress.

However the results have no bearing on the league and our own performances which is where we need to concentrate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You either never watched the LC final or never watched last nights game. Joe Hart hardly had a save to make but the AZ keeper had several decent stops.

Gudmundsson, Pavlidis, Aboukhlal were all shite.

Watched both and, as for last night, I thought AZ had no failures, especially early on when they blew the scum away. Stonewall penalty denied and good chance missed or the tie would have been over well before half time. Scum grew into it and the crowd was a huge help. Jammy second typified the night. AZ are clearly the better side and I hope they prove that in the second leg.

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You either never watched the LC final or never watched last nights game. Joe Hart hardly had a save to make but the AZ keeper had several decent stops.

Gudmundsson, Pavlidis, Aboukhlal were all shite.

His great-grandfather played for Rangers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Watched both and, as for last night, I thought AZ had no failures, especially early on when they blew the scum away. Stonewall penalty denied and good chance missed or the tie would have been over well before half time. Scum grew into it and the crowd was a huge help. Jammy second typified the night. AZ are clearly the better side and I hope they prove that in the second leg.

If you watched both and think they were similar then what exactly was similar?

They had chances to kill the tie completely and AZ are clearly not the better side. Wee pretty patterns of play with no end product doesn't win you games, especially when you flap under pressure at the back. 

 

AGM_72 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Monkey Butler said:

Let's be honest though, they're not as bad as we hoped. 

If they go in to the season with basically this team, and a subs bench this bad, then that's pretty much as bad as you could honestly hope for. That wee kyoga guy aside (who will undoubtedly get clattered a few times) they are bang average 

Don't swallow the hype man 

Screenshot_20210819-112623.png

Screenshot_20210819-112656.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

If they go in to the season with basically this team, and a subs bench this bad, then that's pretty much as bad as you could honestly hope for. That wee kyoga guy aside (who will undoubtedly get clattered a few times) they are bang average 

Don't swallow the hype man 

Screenshot_20210819-112623.png

Screenshot_20210819-112656.png

Don’t try and talk football with me again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

I like how the media are building this up as some overnight renaissance under Ange. They tarrier fucks are lapping it up and believing the hype instead of watching what is really in front of them. Another defeat in the next 10 days will make delightful veiwing as they come crashing back down to earth.

There’s cunts on here that are worse than the media ,2 games into a season and we are shite and they are the new Lisbon lions,fucking pathetic.

magic8ball likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 22 September 2021 18:45 Until 20:45
      0  
      Rangers v Livingston
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish League Cup
×
×
  • Create New...