them

MisterC

12 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I don't set the rules and genuinely had no idea it was offensive but apparently it is, so there we go. 

FWIW I think it might be a US thing - they put Japanese Americans in internment camps.  Those US citizens were very fucked off about it, to put it mildly.

I think that's why it just sounds like a nationality like a 'Czech' in the UK, but it's a lot more loaded ethnic term with bad history in the US because it was used against Americans to imprison them as enemies.

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Why it’s short for Japanese, no difference from calling someone Scottish a Scot 

And the short of Pakistani? 

Fact is, some words are laden with more historical baggage than others, hence some are more offensive to the subjects of them than others.

Folk shouldn't be using it.

At least 3 to 4 weeks ..

Posted at 13:1213:12

BREAKING

Kyogo out for at least three to four weeks

Celtic v Ross County (Sat, 15:00)

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou has confirmed forward Kyogo Furuhashi will be out for at least three to four weeks.

The 26-year-old was hurt during Japan's World Cup qualifying win over China on Tuesday.

Kyogo has made an impressive start to his Celtic career, scoring seven goals in nine appearances since signing from Vissel Kobe in August.

Celtic are due to play seven matches domestically and in the Europa League between now and the 3 October.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

I don't set the rules and genuinely had no idea it was offensive but apparently it is, so there we go. 

No issue with that, if people find it offensive it's fine. I've recently stopped calling my Catholic missus the F word.

44 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

I take offence to being called a Brit from now on. I want to be known as a resident of Her Majesty’s United Kingdom of Hreat Britain and Northern Ireland.

As someone who identifies as a resident of Her Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, I find your comment extremely inappropriate and highly offensive. Expect a chap at the door soon

2 hours ago, Siam69 said:

At least 3 to 4 weeks ..

Posted at 13:1213:12

BREAKING

Kyogo out for at least three to four weeks

celtic v Ross County (Sat, 15:00)

celtic manager Ange Postecoglou has confirmed forward Kyogo Furuhashi will be out for at least three to four weeks.

The 26-year-old was hurt during Japan's World Cup qualifying win over China on Tuesday.

Kyogo has made an impressive start to his celtic career, scoring seven goals in nine appearances since signing from Vissel Kobe in August.

celtic are due to play seven matches domestically and in the Europa League between now and the 3 October.

That means it'll be nearer 8 weeks 😉

4 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Why it’s short for Japanese, no difference from calling someone Scottish a Scot 

Fuck it.
I'm going for these things happen.
Is there any chance i can be offended at you being offended because some cunt was offensive.
Where the fuck are we going as a society?