them

On 27/08/2021 at 21:22, DMax399 said:

Sky says they are looking at a Greek striker currently with Venlo for 2.5m.   Who knows if it is true, but they would certainly need to bring one in.  The Japanese lad isn’t all that to be honest, so they lack depth in their squad for sure.

16 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

Furuhashi...twinkle toes...welcome to the Scottish game and  its physicality.

Wait until muddy pitches take their toll too.

Some of the hammer throwers in the diddy teams  will  really scare him.

I think Kyogo looks their trickiest striker since the alien. He has a real burst of pace and got in behind us three times yesterday. On another day he could have had a goal or two. I don’t think we should be writing him off yet.

However, the demands of Scottish football and its physicality may take its toll. 

Goianegra and BlueVanguard like this

Just now, BlueThunder said:

I think Kyogo looks their trickiest striker since the alien. He has a real burst of pace and got in behind us three times yesterday. On another day he could have had a goal or two. I don’t think we should be writing him off yet.

However, the demands of Scottish football and its physicality may take its toll. 

Sound mate 

kaiser1041 and Essandoh like this

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Sound mate 

🤣 Just trying to keep a bit of perspective. We don’t do ourselves any favours if we ignore the obvious.

Fingers crossed yesterday was a huge puncture in this embarrassing “angeball” guff.

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

🤣 Just trying to keep a bit of perspective. We don’t do ourselves any favours if we ignore the obvious.

Fingers crossed yesterday was a huge puncture in this embarrassing “angeball” guff.

What perspective we should and could have had 3 or 4 yesterday

scottyscott1963 likes this

13 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

What perspective we should and could have had 3 or 4 yesterday

I didn’t say we didn’t deserve to win. I said that their Japanese lad is clearly a very good player and will cause us problems - I was specifically talking about him when I said perspective, as a few were writing him off. If that offends you in some way then I can only apologise.

Ps. Balogun was immense against him.

BlueVanguard likes this

The Japanese chap was their best player. However he could not get past Balogun and only after they pulled the French U21 star off and switched him to the middle did he become a threat.

J League is well into it's season so he has probably played 20+ games in Japan. If they imagine that they will get another 40-50 games out of him this season then they are truly out to lunch.

10 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I didn’t say we didn’t deserve to win. I said that their Japanese lad is clearly a very good player and will cause us problems - I was specifically talking about him when I said perspective, as a few were writing him off. If that offends you in some way then I can only apologise.

So balogun was excellent against him but the wee cunt is also a very good player?

magic8ball likes this

14 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Good movement, but his quality on the ball was non existent and couldn't finish his dinner.

32 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I think he will be really important for them as well. But this season he has already played about 40 games. Don't think he'll manage the another 40 odd.

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

So balogun was excellent against him but the wee cunt is also a very good player?

Yes, those two statements aren’t mutually exclusive. A blind man could see he was giving our defence problems when he played through the middle, not so much when out left. 

1 minute ago, EatDolphins said:

I think he will be really important for them as well. But this season he has already played about 40 games. Don't think he'll manage the another 40 odd.

At this moment in time he looks their best player - if they lose him for any length of time they are fucked.

10 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

At this moment in time he looks their best player - if they lose him for any length of time they are fucked.

Put it this way, I’d have him in our squad no problem, he’s got pace and a decent poacher but time will tell if he can keep up his form.

BlueThunder likes this

33 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Yes, those two statements aren’t mutually exclusive. A blind man could see he was giving our defence problems when he played through the middle, not so much when out left. 

His movement is quite good. There was a moment in the first half where he made a brilliant run and Goldson never tracked him and McGregor or Turnbull decided to pass it sideways instead of play a ball over the top. He was absolutely fuming :lol: 

murzo likes this

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

The Japanese chap was their best player. However he could not get past Balogun and only after they pulled the French U21 star off and switched him to the middle did he become a threat.

J League is well into it's season so he has probably played 20+ games in Japan. If they imagine that they will get another 40-50 games out of him this season then they are truly out to lunch.

The guy looks like he would want to play every single game when asked. And he looks like he will be Anges wee sex toy so am sure he will be ran right into the ground.

:lol::lol:

Kyogo looks decent through the middle with his pace and movement.

However, the real issue for them will be that they have nobody else. Eduoard clearly turns up when he can be bothered and is there much point in mentioning Ajeti?

It's fine the one striker being relied on for up to 20 games but when it comes to challenging for 38 games in the league, a European group stage, the league cup and then the Scottish Cup after Xmas. We've seen it all before with Morelos. It would take a massive effort for their new striker to play, potentially, 50+ games and keep up his current form throughout!

Looking at it overall they have no depth anywhere. The best argument could be made for the centre of midfield but it's not a very convincing one.

BlueThunder likes this

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

He was shite ffs :lol:

kaiser1041 likes this