them

MisterC

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I get what you are saying, but my sympathy goes completely to the boy who was killed and his loved ones.

If it had been an accident where someone had stepped out in front of the car, and the driver could do nothing, and did not flee the scene, then I would agree with you.

A hit and run is different though, if he was drunk or on drugs, it is even worse.

Yeah your spot on that's what I was seeing it like, I was wrong.

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

This is shocking rest in peace to the boy. Ciaran clearly did a bad thing and will get his punishment but I wouldn't wish his current situation on anyone no matter what team they play for or any nonsense like that.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone either.

But if found guilty then he deserves everything coming to him in a legal context and otherwise. And I'd say the say for any Rangers player or family member guilty of a hit and run, especially if drink/drugs involved.

Fuck him.

Edit. Just seen your comments since posting the above 👍

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He'll most likely not do time mate.

Pretty certain he will, dont  know how long but at the very least he has left the scene of an accident. Cant see how you  wouldnt get some prison for that if found guilty which seems certain.

4 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

one poor young lads life has been taken in the blink of an eye 

the other made a conscious decision to get behind the wheel of a vehicle while under the influence of drink/drugs and deserves the harshest of punishments available . 

Such a tragedy and so heartbreaking. Was he under the influence though? I haven’t seen that in any newslet. I was was wondering if he has been done for DD then he probably has lost his license and shouldn’t have been on the road. Either way it’s awful and wether drunk or disqualified he should have stopped. To drive away is such a cowardly and frankly unforgivable thing to do 

Just now, LineysLament said:

You never get over it.  50 years ago, my wee brother - 6yo, was knocked down in the street and killed by someone driving a stolen car. The driver failed to stop, got caught and was sentenced to 6 months jail. still think of him as he was to this day..

Very sorry to hear about your wee brother mate, must have been like going through a nightmare as a family .

29 minutes ago, LineysLament said:

You never get over it.  50 years ago, my wee brother - 6yo, was knocked down in the street and killed by someone driving a stolen car. The driver failed to stop, got caught and was sentenced to 6 months jail. still think of him as he was to this day..

That's horrendous mate, so sorry to hear that :sad: Can't imagine the pain ever goes away. 

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

Pretty certain he will, dont  know how long but at the very least he has left the scene of an accident. Cant see how you  wouldnt get some prison for that if found guilty which seems certain.

He'll have a QC find a loophole, some mitigation, or just lie like fuck saying he hit hit but it may have been another vehicle that killed him. It may be impossible to prove alcohol / drugs were a factor.

Honestly hope I'm wrong but I've seen enough of the judicial process in this country to give me zero confidence.

43 minutes ago, LineysLament said:

That's horrendous mate. 😥