them

MisterC

53 minutes ago, LineysLament said:

You never get over it.  50 years ago, my wee brother - 6yo, was knocked down in the street and killed by someone driving a stolen car. The driver failed to stop, got caught and was sentenced to 6 months jail. still think of him as he was to this day..

Thats fucking shite man. Yet the legal system would see someone locked up for the same length now for signing a bad song.

Shite then, shite now and no doubt shite in the future.

1 hour ago, LineysLament said:

You never get over it.  50 years ago, my wee brother - 6yo, was knocked down in the street and killed by someone driving a stolen car. The driver failed to stop, got caught and was sentenced to 6 months jail. still think of him as he was to this day..

Terribly sorry. How did he get only 6 months for a felony murder (death committed during the commission of a robbery)? Head shaker.

23 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He'll have a QC find a loophole, some mitigation, or just lie like fuck saying he hit hit but it may have been another vehicle that killed him. It may be impossible to prove alcohol / drugs were a factor.

Honestly hope I'm wrong but I've seen enough of the judicial process in this country to give me zero confidence.

Level 1 Death by Dangerous Driving - without the aggravation of failing to stop- starts at 8 years

So sorry for your loss there mate. 6 months is ridiculous. Fucksakes! 

That's fucking terrible really sorry for your loss.

19 minutes ago, Ladytonbear said:

Level 1 Death by Dangerous Driving - without the aggravation of failing to stop- starts at 8 years

You think he'll get 8 years? Plenty instances of folk being killed by drivers and paltry custodial sentences dished out. I really just don't rate / trust the system.

He's not been charged yet so we don't know what plod believe they can prove.

That's horrible mate, hopefully justice is stronger now. Ten years ago I lost my best mate to a drink driver who fell asleep, he got 5 years 5 months. Hopefully the sentence is longer now.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You think he'll get 8 years? Plenty instances of folk being killed by drivers and paltry custodial sentences dished out. I really just don't rate / trust the system.

He's not been charged yet so we don't know what plod believe they can prove.

Spot on that we don’t know the circumstances so impossible so say.  Death by Dangerous Driving is categorised in three Levels, Level one being the worst which could include drink /drugs being involved. Maximum sentence is 14 years, but for level one the Lord Advocates guideline say it should start at 8 years

8 hours ago, LineysLament said:

Uft. Felt it in my stomach reading that.