them

4 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

He's a good Rangers man Andy Shinnie as well. 

At least he played for us for a while. 

Him and his brother were both bears  growing up

similar to jack, Aberdeen fans hated the fact that their captain was a Rangers fan

From the BBC;

Celtic lost £11.5m last year after a fall in revenue of almost £10m, the club revealed in their annual results.

Chairman Iain Bankier says a drop in the value of player sales, as well as the lack of fans amid Covid-19, were the key factors.

He pointed out that the return of supporters this season means "conditions have improved markedly".

Bankier says the club "measured confidence" about this campaign on and off the pitch.

Celtic finished last season without a trophy for the first time in 11 years as manager Neil Lennon departed in February after the bid to secure a 10th straight league title faltered.

Current boss Ange Postecoglou was appointed in June and chief executive Dominic McKay began in July, before stepping down this month for personal reasons.

Celtic made £9.4m from the sales of Jeremie Frimpong, Jack Hendry, and Patryk Klimala, a total that was down from £24.2m last year following Kieran Tierney's move to Arsenal.

The sales of Kristoffer Ajer to Brentford and Odsonne Edouard to Crystal Palace will be included in next year's accounts, with Bankier adding they "demonstrate our core strength of being able to transform young talented players into seasoned professional footballers".

The club spent £13.5m on player recruitment - a drop of £7m - as overall revenue to the end of June fell from £70.2m to £60.8m.

As a result, the Glasgow club cut costs from £80.5m to £74.4m.

"In the face of this adverse swing in financial performance, we are satisfied that we took sufficient and appropriate steps to mitigate the losses and control costs in the business," Bankier added.

"The entire season was characterised by the absence of supporters in football stadiums and the huge disruption to our operations.

"On behalf of the board and everyone at the club, I thank the Celtic support for their backing and understanding last season whilst also sharing their frustration and disappointment."

12 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

From the BBC;

Celtic lost £11.5m last year after a fall in revenue of almost £10m, the club revealed in their annual results.

Chairman Iain Bankier says a drop in the value of player sales, as well as the lack of fans amid Covid-19, were the key factors.

He pointed out that the return of supporters this season means "conditions have improved markedly".

Bankier says the club "measured confidence" about this campaign on and off the pitch.

Celtic finished last season without a trophy for the first time in 11 years as manager Neil Lennon departed in February after the bid to secure a 10th straight league title faltered.

Current boss Ange Postecoglou was appointed in June and chief executive Dominic McKay began in July, before stepping down this month for personal reasons.

Celtic made £9.4m from the sales of Jeremie Frimpong, Jack Hendry, and Patryk Klimala, a total that was down from £24.2m last year following Kieran Tierney's move to Arsenal.

The sales of Kristoffer Ajer to Brentford and Odsonne Edouard to Crystal Palace will be included in next year's accounts, with Bankier adding they "demonstrate our core strength of being able to transform young talented players into seasoned professional footballers".

The club spent £13.5m on player recruitment - a drop of £7m - as overall revenue to the end of June fell from £70.2m to £60.8m.

As a result, the Glasgow club cut costs from £80.5m to £74.4m.

"In the face of this adverse swing in financial performance, we are satisfied that we took sufficient and appropriate steps to mitigate the losses and control costs in the business," Bankier added.

"The entire season was characterised by the absence of supporters in football stadiums and the huge disruption to our operations.

"On behalf of the board and everyone at the club, I thank the Celtic support for their backing and understanding last season whilst also sharing their frustration and disappointment."

It's a reasonably decent set of accounts. All things considered, of course.

graeme_4 likes this

11 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

He's not the only uncomfortable player. Lass at my work, her sister goes out with Turnbull and she said he has struggled with intensity in training.

It surprising if true. He’s a talented player but he seems to incapable of finishing a game. He obviously had a bad injury but his stamina has been a problem for them since he signed for them.

59 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

celtic made £9.4m from the sales of Jeremie Frimpong, Jack Hendry, and Patryk Klimala, a total that was down from £24.2m last year following Kieran Tierney's move to Arsenal.

Hmmm so not the dembele dollars estimated when the papers say £x million “deal”…. Devil is in the detail!! Paper talk was frimpong went for £11.5 million to 13.5 million alone. 

17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

75mill to run that fucking club, 75 fucking million, jesus christ, surely they dont have a penny in the bank now? 

Ours will be bad as well btw, and a lot of it is down to fans not being at euro games, 

Don't think ours are going to be any better tbh. 

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Don't think ours are going to be any better tbh. 

They will be bad mate, probably as bad as theirs but for different reasons, we have less outgoings, probably the same revenue given our better euro exploits, but we didn't sell anyone 

esquire8 likes this

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

They will be bad mate, probably as bad as theirs but for different reasons, we have less outgoings, probably the same revenue given our better euro exploits, but we didn't sell anyone 

Yeah not going to take the piss out of their accounts.....

We all know they were lying about the transfer fees they received for players when the other team buying them would give much less figures. 

Ours will be a big reality check to some. 

One thing I didn't see them include was the refunds on season tickets. Wonder where they were buried in?

Also love how tarriers banded about how we took £2m from the government during furlough scheme and they were proudly shouting from the rooftops that they didn't. Looks like their accounts show a solid £5m income from "others".....

And "their Lenny" took home £630k when he was sacked.

4 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Rangers next five league fixtures:

Dundee (A)

Hibs (H)

Hearts (H)

St Mirren (A)

Aberdeen (H)

-

Rancid cretins next five league fixtures:

Dundee United (H)

Motherwell (A)

Aberdeen (A)

St Johnstone (H)

Hibs (A)

-

I suspect we’ll drop points in one of the home games, but I’d put money on them dropping points in more than one of theirs. Dundee Utd is 3 points but St Johnstone are so well organised they’ll make it difficult for them.

I just do not see them winning any of the away games. 

It would be a massive mental blow to them should we come through our games against Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen strongly - even if we’re at home for them, because they could fall significantly behind us before we’ve even reached Halloween.

I can see them easily only picking up 3 points against DU. Very ropey next 5 games Angie has got.

53 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Rangers next five league fixtures:

Dundee (A)

Hibs (H)

Hearts (H)

St Mirren (A)

Aberdeen (H)

-

Rancid cretins next five league fixtures:

Dundee United (H)

Motherwell (A)

Aberdeen (A)

St Johnstone (H)

Hibs (A)

-

I suspect we’ll drop points in one of the home games, but I’d put money on them dropping points in more than one of theirs. Dundee Utd is 3 points but St Johnstone are so well organised they’ll make it difficult for them.

I just do not see them winning any of the away games. 

It would be a massive mental blow to them should we come through our games against Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen strongly - even if we’re at home for them, because they could fall significantly behind us before we’ve even reached Halloween.

I know there has been a closed season but they haven’t won away in the league for 7 months .😳

15 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Can see both teams dropping points in that run of fixtures

I’d agree, but the most important thing will be them dropping more than us. Massive opportunity to extend our lead on them while watching them hover around mid table.