them

MisterC

12 hours ago, RS4_wul said:

Leeds won the title in 92.

We pumped them home and away to qualify for the first champions League.

United won it in 93.

Yip, Google said 92 for some reason, maybe it meant 92/93 season. 

Should have known as I remember playing Leeds 92/93 to qualify... Went to the home tie... :confused:

Just watched the highlights of their penalty miss :craphead: on BBC. Can someone explain how it was a penalty, red card I could understand (although laughably, he literally puts both hands on the big lad (foul) before getting a slap and dying with cuntcussion).

But why was it a penalty, it was an off the ball incident (the ball is in the keepers hands)? Surely it's a red card only?

9 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Just watched the highlights of their penalty miss :craphead: on BBC. Can someone explain how it was a penalty, red card I could understand (although laughably, he literally puts both hands on the big lad (foul) before getting a slap and dying with cuntcussion).

But why was it a penalty, it was an off the ball incident (the ball is in the keepers hands)? Surely it's a red card only?

We have been over this, the ball is in play, the goalie doesn't need to wait for the refs whistle to release the ball....the ball is live at that moment in time, I for one doubt very much if a penalty gets awarded if kyogo doesn't throw himself to the ground mind you

12 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

We have been over this, the ball is in play, the goalie doesn't need to wait for the refs whistle to release the ball....the ball is live at that moment in time, I for one doubt very much if a penalty gets awarded if kyogo doesn't throw himself to the ground mind you

I really don’t understand how people can think a keeper having the ball means it isn’t in play?! No different to any other player. Only be “not in play” at set pieces and when the ref has stopped the game for whatever reason. 

32 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

It's great you've been over this but I don't check the forum daily nor the 300 pages I've missed but I'm glad you responded anyway as it helps answer my question.

I find it interesting, that's all. Under this interpretation, you could have the ball at one side of the box and have a foul committed off the ball at the other side of the box, with no impact in play and it stil be a penalty.

Seems wrong, somehow. Anyway happy to accept the rules are daft.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Yes. Keepers can be booked for time wasting so in play.

It should be a matter for the compliant officer but it wont be.

goalkeepers are booked at goal kicks, which means the ball isn’t in play so this is nonsense. How often are they booked just for taking too long to kick from their hands? 

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

goalkeepers are booked at goal kicks, which means the ball isn’t in play so this is nonsense. How often are they booked just for taking too long to kick from their hands? 

In this situation was that the ball was in the keepers hands. In the case you mention the ball was not in play but it's still time wasting.