them

MisterC

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Offt

Christopher Jullien 'moved seats' on celtic bus and forced more people into self isolation as close contacts

The French defender tested positive with 13 players and three staff members deemed close contacts.

By Mark McDougall

---------------------

celtic were forced to put more players into isolation than expected because Christopher Jullien didn't sit in the same seat on bus journeys, according to a report.

Neil Lennon was fizzing about the amount of players and staff members who were forced to isolate for 10 days on their return from Dubai and accused the government of having an agenda against celtic.

He insisted Covid-19 protocols had changed which sparked the isolation periods and reckoned most clubs in Scotland will have been breaking them.

But now the Daily Record report that Jullien moved seats on the bus and that's what led to more people being deemed close contacts after the Frenchman tested positive.

After he returned the positive test, celtic sent photographs of how the players were position on both the flight and their bus journeys in Dubai.

And that small change of Jullien moving seats in different photographs meant more people had to isolate than they would have if the defender had stayed in one seat.

In his incredible outburst, Lennon had said: “On the plane it was the guys that were closest to them. So all of a sudden it was two rows back, two rows forward, two rows to the side.

“We were under the impression that with business class seats the distance from two seats back was pretty safe.

“And some lads had to isolate because they were on buses with Christopher.

“This is where I’m confused because all clubs in Scotland have been travelling up and down the country in two buses.

“With these guidelines that we’re now having to adhere to it means that only three players can travel on a 52-seater bus.

“So when we played Hibs last Monday we had to bus six players on two 52-seater buses. So that would mean every club in the country with say, you know, 30 people, would have to take 10 buses.

“So for me the goalposts are completely moved.

“And now all of sudden we adhere to all protocols, have taken photographs, adhered to every rule in place and we have 13 players, and three staff isolating for 10 days that, apart from one, are all negative. It’s absolutely preposterous.”

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/christopher-jullien-moved-seats-celtic-19660549

That just makes Lennons rant all the worst really. Their major fuck up going and their even bigger fuck up taking injured Jullien. 

Karma!

16 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

The players still need tested twice a week.

Its why elite sport is allowed. You don't get days off testing because you don't have a game for a week 

Maybe not so much for the tests but if there’s an opportunity to postpone tonight’s game it’ll be beneficial for them due to the current problems they are facing. It’s snowing all day in Livingston they’ll get it off if they want it to be all they need to do is inform their authorities. 

1 minute ago, AdzKyle said:

That just makes Lennons rant all the worst really. Their major fuck up going and their even bigger fuck up taking injured Jullien. 

Karma!

The government health official is doing a great job at stopping the mutant virus, it's a shame they can't take the health risks seriously. 

16 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He's a convicted drug dealer, fair enough, motherwells star centre half battered somecunt with a baseball bat and is allowed to play, arguably thats worse 

I'm no disputing that but people like Desmond and King compared to a convicted drug dealer isn't even on the same level 

8 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

And tonight he’ll be up against a manager who paid someone to hold a knife to the throat of a bunny boiler ex who was bugging him.

Class.

Well that's exactly what I've said that lennin is an upstanding citizen.

Oft again!  :popcorn:

John Swinney brands Neil Lennon's Celtic Dubai trip defence 'appalling'

By Jack Haugh

-----------------

JOHN Swinney has branded Celtic manager Neil Lennon's claims criticism of the club's Dubai trip was "politically motivated" appalling. 

The deputy first minister said he was "lost for words" after hearing the Parkhead supremos explosive news conference on Monday. 

It was the first time Lennon had spoken publicly since the Hoops returned from their winter training camp during which he took aim at the media, politicians, and rival football clubs, accusing some of "rank hypocrisy". 

Celtic have been widely criticised for the trip to the Middle East which culminated in defender Christopher Jullien testing positive for Covid-19 and a number of players and staff - Lennon included - having to self-isolate. 

Speaking on Radio Scotland today, Mr Swinney, who had previously criticised the club for the trip, was asked what he thought about the comments. 

The education secretary said: "I am at a loss for words. I said a few weeks ago that it was a bad idea for Celtic to go to Dubai for this trip.

"It was not a great signal. I have no ill will towards Neil Lennon whatsoever but I think his comments were appalling." 

Earlier this month, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon shared her concerns about the trip to Dubai with the Scottish Government, SPFL, and Celtic all trading heated words over the team's permission for it. 

This ultimately led to an apology from the club's chief executive Peter Lawwell but on Monday Lennon refused to apologise to anyone except the fans. 

As well as taking aim at Sky Sports pundit Andy Walker, he accused many of looking on the club in a different light compared to the Scotland national team's post-Serbia celebrations or MP Margaret Ferrier's alleged rule breaking trip from London to Glasgow. 

Lennon said: "I think that is remarkable and blows out the water the way the trip has been portrayed by certain quarters of the media, by certain pundits and by certain government officials as well. We did not abuse any ‘privilege’, we did the right things, we were totally professional.

"We had a little drink in the afternoon on the day of, completely allowed, no law breaking.

"But we come back to this barrage of absolute hypocrisy."

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19023640.john-swinney-brands-neil-lennons-celtic-dubai-trip-defence/

45 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Just read that the guy surely deserves a chance. Doubt the game will be on tonight anyway, they won’t want it with all their covid problems and snow is on all day in Livingston. 

Isn't undersoil heating designed to melt snow?

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Just a thought but if cfc are going to change their manage at the end of the season. Then they won't be spending any big money this transfer window, as a new manager will want to choose his own team.

They've got to be looking at 50% of a new squad as they will never pull it out the bag with the current crop who are either not good enough or want away.

lennon must stay

2 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

people queuing up to have a pop at tlb,i'm expecting Ferrier's priest on soon,to stick up for her.
This get's better the longer it get's stretched out and it's fuckin brilliant. 

Have a look at PLZ soccer from yesterday.It’s the worst of the love in so far .you might last longer than the 6minutes I lasted .