them

MisterC

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Imagine spending a Saturday afternoon watching them when they're a complete irrelevance now :megaanguish:

I couldn't think of anything worse to spend my time watching. I doubt I'll ever watch the scum play apart from against us. 

The sight of their strip offends my eyes. 

How Sutton's tune has changed. From easily being the better team to a huge rebuilding job.

Everything was setup for Terry munro, their arrogance lead them to believe it was a foregone conclusion. Nothing has been planned for after this season because they thought they were so far ahead. 

I think it was Lawell's plan all along to go after this season because their is no plan. 

celtic face an unthinkable Dominic McKay scenario that simply cannot be allowed to happen - Chris Sutton

Dominic McKay needs to be put in place now.

The new manager and director of football should be unveiled right behind him.

Not in a month. Not in two months. Certainly not on July 1 in McKay’s case. Now.

I listened to the head of Scottish Rugby, Mark Dodson, during the week saying McKay will not be leaving early to take up the chief executive post at Parkhead but staying until his notice period is up.

celtic need to fix that. Pay what it costs to get him out. If the guy has to walk away early, so be it. Just get it done.

Dodson might have thought his joke about McKay “having a very full in-tray” upon his arrival in Glasgow was funny but no celtic fans are laughing.

The club are in a state of shambles at the moment and the drift needs to be halted for the repair process to begin. It’s almost hard to comprehend just how much work is needed to be done in this rebuild. On the park, it’s enormous.

I spoke about it before Neil Lennon left and it’s worth reiterating because even more things have changed with the news an injured Christopher Jullien may be out until October.

celtic don’t have a goalkeeper for the Champions League qualifiers. With Jullien crocked, Kristoffer Ajer set to leave, Shane Duffy, Diego Laxalt and Jonjoe Kenny going back after their loans, the entire back four will consist of Stephen Welsh and Greg Taylor.

In midfield, they’ll at least have Callum McGregor, David Turnbull and James Forrest.

But who else, really? Ismaila Soro? Maybe good enough but we don’t know yet. We’ve only got about 10 games to base a judgment on and Scott Brown will be 36.

Up front? No one. Odsonne Edouard will go, Leigh Griffiths and Albian Ajeti can’t get fit enough, while Patryk Klimala isn’t good enough. Vakoun Issouf Bayo’s return won’t solve it.

Pre-contract signing Liam Shaw might turn out to be good but not that good he can fill seven places. celtic need an entire strike force and a new backline.

They don’t have a manager and we’re entering March.

You can add into the mix that his track record to this point is pretty dreadful based on the £13million squandered on Klimala, Ajeti and Vasilis Barkas.

It’s an absolute nightmare. The fact Ajer, Edouard and Ryan Christie have been allowed to get into the last year of their contracts has just made the situation worse. It happened because of the Ten. We know that. But what a scenario.

celtic were a club noted for clear and concise decision-making. It’s what made Lawwell’s name but it has been all over the shop.

Chairman Ian Bankier said a fortnight ago that the club would not be rushed into hasty decisions. Yet Lennon was out of the door less than 48 hours after the team were defeated by Ross County.

Ask yourself this: if celtic had won 4-0 in Dingwall, would Lennon have been in charge for today’s game against Aberdeen? I think we all know the answer. So things do change and celtic need to make things happen.

There is so much to sort out and it simply can’t wait. The work has to be under way and there really has to be a chain of events that are completed in the right order to get the process started.

For a start, get McKay in the door. None of us are silly. We all know Dermot Desmond is the man who really pulls the strings and he’s the one who will make the big decision on Lennon’s successor.

But even though he’s the constant, the optics of Lawwell being the CEO who appoints a manager for the next incumbent to inherit just doesn’t sit right with me.

McKay should be the man in place when the new manager is appointed but that can’t wait until July 1. It’s unthinkable. celtic have Champions League qualifiers later that month.

It needs to happen quickly and it needs to happen because fans will sit tight and so they should. They cannot be blamed for not paying out for season tickets until they get a clear sight of the future.

And celtic are going to need that season-ticket money to start funding the process of rebuilding the team, which means the managerial appointment has to come and then the director of football.

These two have to work as one.

In a perfect world, it would be the manager who almost got to choose who the director of football would be to ensure perfect harmony but I understand that’s not always possible.

Some will say the director should actually be first then help the CEO decide on the manager. I’m not too fussy on that one. All that matters is things start to move swiftly.

celtic gave away three months with Neil staying on too long. Had he gone when I thought he should have, following the Betfred Cup loss to County, celtic could have been building and planning in the January transfer window.

Not making one loan signing of Kenny. That time was wasted. Quite frankly, celtic don’t have any more left to squ ander.

15 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

How Sutton's tune has changed. From easily being the better team to a huge rebuilding job.

Everything was setup for Terry munro, their arrogance lead them to believe it was a foregone conclusion. Nothing has been planned for after this season because they thought they were so far ahead. 

I think it was Lawell's plan all along to go after this season because their is no plan. 

celtic face an unthinkable Dominic McKay scenario that simply cannot be allowed to happen - Chris Sutton

Dominic McKay needs to be put in place now.

The new manager and director of football should be unveiled right behind him.

Not in a month. Not in two months. Certainly not on July 1 in McKay’s case. Now.

I listened to the head of Scottish Rugby, Mark Dodson, during the week saying McKay will not be leaving early to take up the chief executive post at Parkhead but staying until his notice period is up.

celtic need to fix that. Pay what it costs to get him out. If the guy has to walk away early, so be it. Just get it done.

Dodson might have thought his joke about McKay “having a very full in-tray” upon his arrival in Glasgow was funny but no celtic fans are laughing.

The club are in a state of shambles at the moment and the drift needs to be halted for the repair process to begin. It’s almost hard to comprehend just how much work is needed to be done in this rebuild. On the park, it’s enormous.

I spoke about it before Neil Lennon left and it’s worth reiterating because even more things have changed with the news an injured Christopher Jullien may be out until October.

celtic don’t have a goalkeeper for the Champions League qualifiers. With Jullien crocked, Kristoffer Ajer set to leave, Shane Duffy, Diego Laxalt and Jonjoe Kenny going back after their loans, the entire back four will consist of Stephen Welsh and Greg Taylor.

In midfield, they’ll at least have Callum McGregor, David Turnbull and James Forrest.

But who else, really? Ismaila Soro? Maybe good enough but we don’t know yet. We’ve only got about 10 games to base a judgment on and Scott Brown will be 36.

Up front? No one. Odsonne Edouard will go, Leigh Griffiths and Albian Ajeti can’t get fit enough, while Patryk Klimala isn’t good enough. Vakoun Issouf Bayo’s return won’t solve it.

Pre-contract signing Liam Shaw might turn out to be good but not that good he can fill seven places. celtic need an entire strike force and a new backline.

They don’t have a manager and we’re entering March.

You can add into the mix that his track record to this point is pretty dreadful based on the £13million squandered on Klimala, Ajeti and Vasilis Barkas.

It’s an absolute nightmare. The fact Ajer, Edouard and Ryan Christie have been allowed to get into the last year of their contracts has just made the situation worse. It happened because of the Ten. We know that. But what a scenario.

celtic were a club noted for clear and concise decision-making. It’s what made Lawwell’s name but it has been all over the shop.

Chairman Ian Bankier said a fortnight ago that the club would not be rushed into hasty decisions. Yet Lennon was out of the door less than 48 hours after the team were defeated by Ross County.

Ask yourself this: if celtic had won 4-0 in Dingwall, would Lennon have been in charge for today’s game against Aberdeen? I think we all know the answer. So things do change and celtic need to make things happen.

There is so much to sort out and it simply can’t wait. The work has to be under way and there really has to be a chain of events that are completed in the right order to get the process started.

For a start, get McKay in the door. None of us are silly. We all know Dermot Desmond is the man who really pulls the strings and he’s the one who will make the big decision on Lennon’s successor.

But even though he’s the constant, the optics of Lawwell being the CEO who appoints a manager for the next incumbent to inherit just doesn’t sit right with me.

McKay should be the man in place when the new manager is appointed but that can’t wait until July 1. It’s unthinkable. celtic have Champions League qualifiers later that month.

It needs to happen quickly and it needs to happen because fans will sit tight and so they should. They cannot be blamed for not paying out for season tickets until they get a clear sight of the future.

And celtic are going to need that season-ticket money to start funding the process of rebuilding the team, which means the managerial appointment has to come and then the director of football.

These two have to work as one.

In a perfect world, it would be the manager who almost got to choose who the director of football would be to ensure perfect harmony but I understand that’s not always possible.

Some will say the director should actually be first then help the CEO decide on the manager. I’m not too fussy on that one. All that matters is things start to move swiftly.

celtic gave away three months with Neil staying on too long. Had he gone when I thought he should have, following the Betfred Cup loss to County, celtic could have been building and planning in the January transfer window.

Not making one loan signing of Kenny. That time was wasted. Quite frankly, celtic don’t have any more left to squ ander.

Put your name in for the job Sutton.  You and Hartson dream team. Fucking mouthpieces! Wanks!  

15 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Maloney on sportscene just been asked if he and martinez would be interested in the job. 

It's a impossible question to answer we must show respect to the federation that we work. 

I’m expecting overly intelligent posts from you from now on after getting your jag 

12 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Maloney on sportscene just been asked if he and martinez would be interested in the job. 

It's a impossible question to answer we must show respect to the federation that we work. 

The wee gimp host did put it into perspective by saying it’d be a bit of a strange one as Belgium are the no.2 rated team in the world after Rangers.