them

MisterC

16 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

A guy who's sat on the sidelines for a year, got his team relegated, spunked over 100 million in doing so and shat the bed. 

They are skint l, in turmoil on and off the park plus half the team will be away come the summer. 

2021/22 is as dead for them as the 10 is. 

Fucking houdini couldn't bring those corpses back to the top

Agreed

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I'm happy enough about him going there because I think it's a terrible fit but he's a better manager than people are giving him credit for imo

I really don’t think he is. Was always seen as a nice guy which helps build his reputation in the media.

Paul Lambert and Nigel Adkins got teams promoted quickly to the EPL from league 2 and we’d laugh at any of those appointments.

He was perhaps a decent appointment immediately after Rodgers but the fact he’s got a total rebuild he is bound to fail. His whole footballing career has been at 1 club where he was comfortable he’ll be well out of his comfort zone now.

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I really don’t think he is. Was always seen as a nice guy which helps build his reputation in the media.

Paul Lambert and Nigel Adkins got teams promoted quickly to the EPL from league 2 and we’d laugh at any of those appointments.

He was perhaps a decent appointment immediately after Rodgers but the fact he’s got a total rebuild he is bound to fail. His whole footballing career has been at 1 club where he was comfortable he’ll be well out of his comfort zone now.

Don't think that's right about Lambert or Adkins.

I agree about the timing thing 100% that's why I'm quite happy with him going there.

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Don't think that's right about Lambert or Adkins.

I agree about the timing thing 100% that's why I'm quite happy with him going there.

Sorry yeah was league 1 just a typo they both got successive promotions from league 1 to the premier league with Norwich and Southampton which shows it’s not that unusual.

3 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Sorry yeah was league 1 just a typo they both got successive promotions from league 1 to the premier league with Norwich and Southampton which shows it’s not that unusual.

I'm going to sound like I'm bigging him up and defending him here when I'm not meaning to :lol: 

He kept them there for 5 years which is what makes it different. 

Anyway that's as nice as I'm going to be about him, fuck the sniveling little prick.

The grey hordes wont give him the time required. Considering that team needs gutted, he'd need over a season plus money to burn. They say the will, but they won't. Look at the knick of them after Ross County. First bump and they'll be screaming for Keane in 'ra sellick man, knows wit its aw aboot' etc 

3 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

This could be damn funny

It certainly could, those deranged halfwits have went from Pochettino to Benitez to Keane and now Eddie Howe is the messiah. With the massive rebuild those cunts need I fully expect 56 to be wrapped up by bonfire night at the latest. 

9 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

A decent appointment if he’s given at least 18 months to build a team. He’ll be hounded out before that.

An English lower league manager who has never had any European football as a player or manager.

He did well getting Bournemouth up but as soon as he got there was literally throwing money about like it was going out of fashion on absolute dross.

Homesick in Burnley he won’t know what’s hit him in Glasgow.

Genuinely not worried one bit

He was also throwing money around to get there, bankrolled by a Russian multimillionaire.

Supposedly we are shaking in our shoes at this appointment going by social media . :lol:

not being complacent but more than confident in our clubs attitude to the upcoming season that we will continue our progress of the last 3 seasons and strengthen our squad regardless of them appointing a former Bournemouth and Burnley manager. 

He will improve them but Gerrard will also improve us in the summer with the aim of making us ready for a go at the champions league. 

21 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Supposedly we are shaking in our shoes at this appointment going by social media . :lol:

not being complacent but more than confident in our clubs attitude to the upcoming season that we will continue our progress of the last 3 seasons and strengthen our squad regardless of them appointing a former Bournemouth and Burnley manager. 

He will improve them but Gerrard will also improve us in the summer with the aim of making us ready for a go at the champions league. 

Speak for yourself ,I’m absolutely bricking it 😂

It’s a whole new regime they have now ,Manager ,captain and CEO .A complete rebuild needed with limited funds and players leaving on reduced fees due to entering final year of their contract .

Huge job .So long as we keep our eye in the ball we will have them looking for another new manager this time next year .

34 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Fuck knows where they get these "general consensus" from 😂 guys probably a decent manager but you look at what hes coming into, 

A large number of first team players going away with others being uninterested. 

A new huge weight of pressure and expectations from a massive fan base

A reduced budget from what he'll be use to down south

And his rivals just got off their biggest win in over a decade and are on a high, players are secured, settled and hungry for more success. 

The odds are stacked against them, its time for celtic to chase us. And we need to keep it that way, this coming season is just as if not more important. That champions league money from automatic group entry is massive and it also shows this season wasnt a fluke.