them

MisterC

5 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I'd imagine howe wanted assurances of his budget and how much control he would have. I don't buy this narrative it fell apart over staff. He'll have sounded his coaches out ages ago. 

I'd bet the guy coming in is not only happy to take on a smaller budget but I'd not be surprised to see Kennedy and Strachan as part of the coaching staff again 🤣🤣🤣

If you think it was ever happening you're a mongo imo

2 hours ago, Dave Whelan said:

They are plucking a manager struggling in the Japanese league that doesn’t have a UEFA Pro license, has never managed in Europe and knows nothing about Scottish football. They also need a new team rebuild in a couple of weeks. It has disaster written all over it.

My uncle though live in Brisbane and he was raving about him as a coach, even so, it’s almost an impossible task 

Scotland fans are raving about Clarke,just shows how many clueless cunts there are about.

25 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Scotland fans are raving about Clarke,just shows how many clueless cunts there are about.

His whole unbeaten run they go on about wasn't even good, scraping wins and bore draws. Looked good with Ryan Jack which goes to show how good a player Jack is.

Hopefully this boy gets the bullet then they take Clarke after. :lol:

7 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Frank Mcavennie having a pop.
He said Fergal, the new DoF was only ever employed by City to show players around their new houses. :dance:
Just gets better by the hour. 

What's the deal with them and the city group. Previously getting loans they normally wouldn't have, linked with that Fergal guy for DoF and now the Aussie manager coming from another one of their clubs

1 minute ago, james_85 said:

What's the deal with them and the city group. Previously getting loans they normally wouldn't have, linked with that Fergal guy for DoF and now the Aussie manager coming from another one of their clubs

Was mentioned a couple of pages back mate.
Just skipped over the posts myself.
Does seem to be a link between the fat jap and his son,whose job title at city is scouting info manager (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean) and this city group.

8 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The Aussies worship him. 

I wouldn't go that far, 2016-2017 was frustrating in World Cup qualifiers, drawing with Thailand and so on.  Got there in the end, but in the most tortuous and jammy knock out route possible when direct qualification was on a plate.

Thing about any league is that somebody wins it each year, and it depends on the opposition teams and their managers for how good they have to be, they can all be shit and someone still wins. So plenty of other local managers have won the A-league too.

At the time I recall the feeling was that some team selections were odd, he was quite single minded about it, and that's probably not a timplosion safe policy.  (To be fair, most Australian football coverage at the time would put Tim Cahill in every position in the starting 11....)

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

The rate that they’re deciding to not renew their ST’s at is tremendous. I think a lot of them will end up renewing anyway but it’s brilliant to see they’ve gotten to this stage 

And of course we won’t ever get to hear how many they have sold .

The only we can judge is how deep into the season they are advertising on Clyde .

16 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Part of me still wonders if Postecoglou is just a story they’ve planted to make their fans happier about the ultimate appointment of Clarke. The name came up so quickly after Howe rejected them - it’s all a bit cynical. 

It won't be Clarke.

He wouldn't be able.to start till after the euros which at the earliest will be around the 23rd of June iirc.

The champions league qualifiers would be around 2 weeks later.

They'll be lucky to have a squad for it if they waited on Clarke 

13 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Big Angie doesn't have the licences to manage in Europe apparently. 

sick of seeing this

theres a grace period given to managers if they start them so he can become manager without them not that it matters by the time he would have to sit them he will be back in australia anyway