them

MisterC

1 hour ago, Junior Soprano said:

Done a job this morning at a tarriers house. He had two weans sent to school when I was there, first I thought he was a mongo cos the way he was slurring his speech, nah the 12 empty cans of tenants lying about his floor gave the game away.

He gave me a 10 quid tip. Aye nae bother pal I’ll buy a bear a pint wie it 😂

get yourself a pint and chuck the rest in this bears fund if your feeling generous pal.

https://gofund.me/4fcca926

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

On FF now and again you see snippets of it too where people who have been working in Canada or the US or Australia will say something like  ''I've been educating the locals about The Famous". :lol: 

Never seen it myself which is not say it doesn't exist. Last time I met anyone with any knowledge of Scottish football was in a bar in Dartmouth (no idea why I was there) and sitting next to me was couple of chaps from Ireland over to do engineering contract for a local employer. Nice enough chaps but with a dubious taste in beer. Offered me a Keiths which I never touch. Anyway back to the point they were scum supporters but when I pointed out football is swings and roundabouts and Rangers will be back they did not disagree. This was years ago.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Never seen it myself which is not say it doesn't exist. Last time I met anyone with any knowledge of Scottish football was in a bar in Dartmouth (no idea why I was there) and sitting next to me was couple of chaps from Ireland over to do engineering contract for a local employer. Nice enough chaps but with a dubious taste in beer. Offered me a Keiths which I never touch. Anyway back to the point they were scum supporters but when I pointed out football is swings and roundabouts and Rangers will be back they did not disagree. This was years ago.

What is new Scotland like compared to the old one? I've only been to BC and Alberta. One of my cousins was meant to move to Halifax a couple of years back but he ended up having to quit the role before he started in post.

1 hour ago, rangersross said:

Oh, come on, I hate celtic as much as the next guy but it's ludicrous to pretend that we don't all remember and cherish his timeless performances as "John" in 'Vlad's Legacy' (2016), "Dr. Serius Stanley" in 'Rottentail' (2018), and - of course - "Unnamed Character" in 'The Devil's Dozen' (2013). 

He probably appears in those hallmark Christmas films as "Waiter 5" or "Janitor"

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This evangelising phenomenon is something that is peculiar to both us and them that I've never come across with supporters from other teams.

I've met a few ex-pat bears overseas who go and do this where they are obsessed in converting all their friends and people they meet to becoming Rangers fans like they are some kind of Broxi Bear Paul the Apostle. It's really fucking weird.

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

I have never come across that. Probably because football is a minority sport in Nova Scotia. Or soccer as they call it. On the rare occasions I have been asked I state that I am a Rangers fan and leave it at that.

I live just outside Toronto and it's been the same for me as @GersInCanada has experienced. 

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Just to get this straight.....the bead rattlers who have constantly banged on to uefa about resolution (not sure what number) that we shouldn't be playing in Europe because we didn't have or shouldn't have a license now are asking UEFA to allow them to appoint a manager who doesn't hold an appropriate licence to manage in Europe so he can manage in Europe :headwall:

Absolute fucking brass necked as they come.....can't wait for some papish bastard to explain the difference and its not the same:lol:

I can’t keep track of what’s true and what’s trolling mate , everywhere I look on Twitter it’s unbelievable shit some people are coming out with 😂 any other club you’d be like that’s fake but not with them 

2 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

No reason for an exemption to be issued as far as I’m concerned.  Secondly, how bad are the filth at even applying the basics of the hiring process?  1st step surely is to sift CVs to confirm qualifications and relevant experience before talking to anyone.  Car crash material but it’s also very pleasing to see them go from one disaster to another.

The most baffling thing is how inexperienced this guy is. This is the kind of manager you'd expect to see turf up at a mid table league 1 english club or at a push a hearts/dundee united type of club. He has only ever signed 5 players in his career and barring a short spell in the greek lower leagues, and a couple of years in japan, has literally done fuck all.

3 minutes ago, stevemac said:

The most baffling thing is how inexperienced this guy is. This is the kind of manager you'd expect to see turf up at a mid table league 1 english club or at a push a hearts/dundee united type of club. He has only ever signed 5 players in his career and barring a short spell in the greek lower leagues, and a couple of years in japan, has literally done fuck all.

He’s a better manager than that. Has won titles in Australia and Japan and the Asian Cup which is their Euros. 

If he’d won domestic leagues in Europe in a couple of mid-size nations, he’d be a pretty good prospect for them. But it’s a massive gamble when he’s not worked in Europe before, especially as Scottish football is a bit of a unique league as well. 

He’ll improve them, but not enough to challenge straight away. He’s not a big enough name for their fans to be given 2-3 years like Gerrard got, so I can’t see him being a success. Might win a cup with a bit of luck, but I expect us to be out of sight in the league by Xmas barring a disaster

10 minutes ago, stevemac said:

You could say it’s a strange one.  They were never getting a big name, and for many of their mob this appointment- if it happens- will be unacceptable anyway.  He won’t be any worse than TLB but it’s a punt for sure.