them

MisterC

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Apparently Ajer has come out publicly during an interview while on Norway duty this morning and said it's best for both parties he leaves this summer.

Did he mention that he would definitely have got back in time to stop Morelos?

:lol:

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It's been around as a concept for quite a while. Whether it's actually true I don't know. There's a quote that does the rounds attributed to Willie Waddell that at Rangers we more prefer strong and powerful players compared to players such as Jimmy Johnstone.

During the Smith v Burns years they probably played better football and gave us a run in a few games but it meant fuck all in the scheme of trophies and I know what I'd rather have. But that reversed under Advocaat and O'Neil.

My old man always says that he was more excited for Souness coming as a player rather than as a manager because at the time our midfield in the 80s had some excellent footballers like Russell, Bett, Redford, Prytz and Durrant and Ferguson were coming through but they were a bit too soft when they came up against Murdo MacLeod and Roy Aitken. 

Cheers.

I was a lad during the NIAR years and while I remember a few times where The Goalie kept us in games I remember more Laudrup, Gazza, McCoist and the rest ripping them and everyone else a new one - particularly Laudrup. Then as you say, when Advocat came in we had by far the more technical team.

Even those times where they’ve been better than us and won the league (not counting the past 10 years) I’d never say there and thought they were a great side and we just held on through grit and determination. But I wasn’t sure if that was just my bias.

I had heard this “Sellic way” stuff before and I put it down to nostalgia but I’ve just noticed it trotted it by mhanks recently with all their manager woes.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

He said: "In terms of club I do not want to go into anything. We'll get to that later, but it's a top 5 league I aim for."

"You have to be careful with what you say to the media.

"For those outside, it is difficult to understand how important football is in Glasgow.

"There could have been 120,000 spectators if only the stadium had been expanded.

:lol:

Funnily enough that’s the same amount that was in Seville.

5 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Don't think that's right mate.

Think the handover finishes on July 1st.

Regardless, I would not be surprised to see him back as the chairman in a couple of months.

He's definetely still there. This whole fiasco has Lawwell's paw prints all over it. 

Like you say, he'll be back 'officially' soon enough. 

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It's been around as a concept for quite a while. Whether it's actually true I don't know. There's a quote that does the rounds attributed to Willie Waddell that at Rangers we more prefer strong and powerful players compared to players such as Jimmy Johnstone.

During the Smith v Burns years they probably played better football and gave us a run in a few games but it meant fuck all in the scheme of trophies and I know what I'd rather have. But that reversed under Advocaat and O'Neil.

My old man always says that he was more excited for Souness coming as a player rather than as a manager because at the time our midfield in the 80s had some excellent footballers like Russell, Bett, Redford, Prytz and Durrant and Ferguson were coming through but they were a bit too soft when they came up against Murdo MacLeod and Roy Aitken. 

it seems you are buying into the myth of 'the sellic way' we have always been known for a solid defence and fast exciting wingers so much so we earned the nickname 'the light blues' jimmy johnston was an alcoholic wife beating diving moaning wee cunt  who helped push the narrative that sellic was downtrodden by the big bad proddys and was even dropped by his own manager for thats how much better henderson was)

and to say that during the smith v burns years is an insult to smith and the players as we played some great football under both his tenures and burns didnt even finish second every season the myth started im sure after one game the 'goram save game' from van oidonk by the likes of keevins who even now still spouts such romantic piss like moravcic was world class and wim jansen and jo venglos where lost genuis' only found by sellic at the end of their careers so much so that the sellic fans that where around then admit its flowery bullshit by the press and they only had one good year under him

as for the team in the 80s you throw some well liked old Rangers players under the bus while eulogising their players when in fact both teams where badly run then and it was only when souness came did he and the board drag Rangers and therefore scottish football into the 20th century

if you want to really find out about 'the sellic way' try google maps as they want to push the lie so much they named a street outside the piggery this

but i think you already knew that

18 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

it seems you are buying into the myth of 'the sellic way' we have always been known for a solid defence and fast exciting wingers so much so we earned the nickname 'the light blues' jimmy johnston was an alcoholic wife beating diving moaning wee cunt  who helped push the narrative that sellic was downtrodden by the big bad proddys and was even dropped by his own manager for thats how much better henderson was) and to say that during the smith v burns years is an insult to smith and the players as we played some great football under both his tenures and burns didnt even finish second every season the myth started im sure after one game the 'goram save game' from van oidonk by the likes of keevins who even now still spouts such romantic piss like moravcic was world class and wim jansen and jo venglos where lost genuis' only found by sellic at the end of their careers so much so that the sellic fans that where around then admit its flowery bullshit by the press and they only had one good year under him as for the team in the 80s you throw some well liked old Rangers players under the bus while eulogising their players when in fact both teams where badly run then and it was only when souness came did he and the board drag Rangers and therefore scottish football into the 20th century if you want to really find out about 'the sellic way' try google maps as they want to push the lie so much they named a street outside the piggery this but i think you already knew that

Someone read too much Kerouac; that prose.