them

MisterC

Just now, Bluekev said:

When you see the way him and his coaching staff have turned players around and took the squads fitness to a whole new level I'd say it's mind blowing.

He's implemented things which are usually just seen on EPL training grounds and that showed week in week out. It took time to get there but it definitely paid off last season and the fact we won the league at a canter was amazing.

Fair enough, not arguing standards and mindset around the club have improved beyond all recognition but realistically his trophy haul to date, three years in, is average at very best. I’m enjoying things now as much as everyone else but he’s managing Rangers, one trophy in nine is not hugely impressive, whatever your perspective.

2 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

When you see the way him and his coaching staff have turned players around and took the squads fitness to a whole new level I'd say it's mind blowing.

He's implemented things which are usually just seen on EPL training grounds and that showed week in week out. It took time to get there but it definitely paid off last season and the fact we won the league at a canter was amazing.

And we look very much like going on a run of dominance. 

to underplay his achievements, when before he came we had players playing for us like Carlos pená, is bonkers 😂

11 minutes ago, Lilac 3rd Kit said:

One trophy in nine “blows your mind”?

Pleased to have him, Europe has been good throughout and this season in the league was incredible but not sure it’s been quite “mind blowing”. 

He’s been Rangers manager for three years and has won a single trophy, now clearly there’s some mitigation and we all hope and believe there’s much more to come but I also think some people are going way overboard on Gerrard.

Away.

Would you have taken the 6 cups over this one league?

Just now, mclovin9091 said:

Away.

Would you have taken the 6 cups over this one league?

😂

What a ridiculous argument? Obviously not.

The facts are he’s had nine trophies available in his time in Scotland and he’s won one. Regardless of how much we all love him (myself included) we can’t kid ourselves on that that’s an amazing record. 

5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

And we look very much like going on a run of dominance. 

to underplay his achievements, when before he came we had players playing for us like Carlos pená, is bonkers 😂

Wasn’t really “underplaying” anything, you said he’s been “mind blowing” which is a bit of an overstatement in my own opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Lilac 3rd Kit said:

😂

The facts are he’s had nine trophies available in his time in Scotland and he’s won one. Regardless of how much we all love him (myself included) we can’t kid ourselves on that that’s an amazing record. 

It may not be amazing but I agree with the mind blowing part.

Look at the European performances we have put in, that is amazing stuff. Couple that with the dodgy domestic stuff, brings the overall performance down but still a great effort overall. Yes we'll never be happy not winning every trophy on offer but ultimately his 1st is the most significant and could be the start of a prosperous few years especially with the next l eague winner walking into the CL group stage, only acheived by our efforts in Europe.

7 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Look at the European performances we have put in, that is amazing stuff. Couple that with the dodgy domestic stuff, brings the overall performance down but still a great effort overall. Yes we'll never be happy not winning every trophy on offer but ultimately his 1st is the most significant and could be the start of a prosperous few years especially with the next l eague winner walking into the CL group stage, only acheived by our efforts in Europe.

I literally said how good Europe had been in my first post!

5 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

I’d say while going from losing to Progres and septic being in CL first round qualifying to us being in CL third round qualifying and looking at automatic group stage next year, due solely to Rangers successes in Europe, may not be a trophy, it is amazing.

17 minutes ago, Lilac 3rd Kit said:

😂

It's not that simple coming from where we were coming from, now that we've got a trophy over the line (most important in the club's history imo) more will follow, every team knew that the longer we went the harder it would be, that's history for them now and I expect to go close to a treble next season.

9 minutes ago, Dickie said:

If Gerrard had started from a level playing field then the 9 trophy thing is valid but we were fucking miles behind the scum. Going by your interpretation then st.johnstone are more successful than us. To take us from being the shite we were to the outfit we are now is truly astonishing and this year has been unbelievable,fuck your poxy cups.

Sorry explain that? How is exactly is that my interpretation? 

This hysteria from the Stevie G fanboys came simply because I questioned whether one trophy in nine for a Rangers manager is “mind blowing”. I’d personally say no but it’s clear by the level of emotion from yourself in particular, that minds truly have been blown 😂

45 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Sutton :lol: 

'I admire the guy for being brave enough to take this job. For having the balls to up sticks and come to Scotland when the likes of Eddie Howe got stage fright and ran away, leaving Celtic high and dry in the process.'

Sutton doing what he does best following the scum party line.

Howe was too scared to take the job and Postecoglou is some courageous guy for coming in. Away to fuck 🤣🤣

Amazing to think their are taigs that belive this shite. 

39 minutes ago, Canabear said:

I know his name isn't a very popular one among the Rangers support but when Naismith was asked the difference between training at Everton and Rangers at that time he said he was shocked and said it was a night and day difference.

Now I don't know about you guys but that kind of stunned me as I always thought that the training at a professional Club like Rangers would've been up there with the best of them but witnessing what we've all seen since SG came in and how easily the team won the League last season there was a night and day difference and it showed last season big time and long may it continue.

It's all about professional standards and we've got a Manager and staff who have it in abundance with a playing squad who'd better have it and keep it or they won't be at Ibrox for very long.

I just cannot comprehend how a professional setup doesnt have a clue about what goes on south of the border in terms of standards, fitness, training in general. Its absolutely mental, considering the wages on offer. The Club should always be aware of what goes on in the best of training grounds and even leading the way. If you arent fit enough then everything else in your game suffers. 

22 minutes ago, Lilac 3rd Kit said:

Sorry explain that? How is exactly is that my interpretation? 

This hysteria from the Stevie G fanboys came simply because I questioned whether one trophy in nine for a Rangers manager is “mind blowing”. I’d personally say no but it’s clear by the level of emotion from yourself in particular, that minds truly have been blown 😂

Sorry. It was you who set the standard of measurement of Gerrard’s time at Rangers as how many trophies won. By that standard, absent context, you are correct. Derek McIness could have one a League Cup or Scottish Cup the last three years. You would also be correct that Callum Davidson did a better job this year than SG.