them

MisterC

16 minutes ago, frenv said:

If even remotely true, I genuinely don't see how a club could think he's worth anything close to that (even ignoring the fact that he could sign a pre-contract in six months).

I don’t think it will be anywhere near that valuation and don’t trust the source but there must be some level of interest 

4 hours ago, stevemac said:

Aye i assumed as much, but surely bringing the club into disrepute is a sackable offence in itself? may not be enough evidence for a criminal conviction with his noncing but surely enough for the club to say he has abused his position of trust as a professional representative of the club?

I don't think "disrepute" is in any players contract.

This season we could have got rid of Edmunson and Jones if we wanted to and that would certainly have set the precidence in regards to Covid punishments.

Irresponsible indebtedness could be classified as bringing the club into disrepute with the negative press attention, so thumb would have been a stick on for that years ago.

Then there's the drug involvement.

If found guilty then the club will have grounds to sack him. Until then the presumption of innocence has to apply and they will have to continue paying him. With court backlogs this could easily run for the 1 year contract he just got himself allbeit at a reduced rate.

14 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

If found guilty then the club will have grounds to sack him. Until then the presumption of innocence has to apply and they will have to continue paying him. With court backlogs this could easily run for the 1 year contract he just got himself allbeit at a reduced rate.

:lol:

59 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Problem is, they’ve sold players to the EPL who have done really well e.g. Tierney, Van Dijk. So clubs are always trying to pick up the next big thing and will spend more on players from certain sides. 

We really need a Morelos/Kamara to go to an EPL side, have a stormer and get a bigger move again, before we’ll start getting bigger fees for players. Which sounds ludicrous, but that’s the way it is

Billy Gilmour 

I said all along that Lawwell is still pulling the strings at celtic and that he has just been reshuffled into the background to escape the ire of fans. And now it turns out he is still a director at the club. Dom Mckay is nothing more than a PR man who has replaced Holicom. If they don't have a DOF, who is sanctioning this latest bout of transfers? I highly doubt it is a rugby man who knows little if anything about the football transfer market.

Sneaky Pete still onboard. 

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

Pish. Most clubs would have sacked or at least suspended him.

Almost any business would sack or suspended an employee if they've been charged with a crime and its been in the media with the businesses name associated with it.

Sickened but not surprised. 

Police must disclose more information surely. What is clear is he has messaged an underage child asking for photos. Since then a lot more has come out. I doubt it's all nonsense. It could be something like he has only asked for a photo and not asked to see anything (fucking feel sick just writing that) and that is not deemed illegal but rather morally wrong whilst breaking no laws. Will be interesting to see how his employer reacts.

1 hour ago, Willis said:

Pish. Most clubs would have sacked or at least suspended him.

Almost any business would sack or suspended an employee if they've been charged with a crime and its been in the media with the businesses name associated with it.

You may be right. I am assuming he will get lawyered up and challenge such a decision.