them

MisterC

First signing Ange has been involved in. 

Asian players are usually absolutely hopeless in Scottish football, Nakamura being the exception, even then he wasn’t that good. 

Du Wei, Cha Du Ri, Ki, Koki Mizuno all major flops. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Can see why they’re excited about it. I think we would be too given his domestic stats. It’s a lot of money for a guy who’s never really broken into a relatively poor national team, though.

I’ve been done by somebody editing his stats on wiki. Previously said he had like 130 in 180 in Japan rather than 65 in 180

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Asian players are usually absolutely hopeless in Scottish football, Nakamura being the exception, even then he wasn’t that good. 

TBF both Ki and especially Nakamura were absolutely class for them. They tripled their money on Ki so can't be that bad tbh.

that said this cunt isn't exactly an inspiring signing

18 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Japanese and Korean teams look very quick .Take them out of that system and they are different players .Coincidentally Nakamura never looked like a quick guy his strengths were his set plays and passing .Maybe that’s why he settled easier .

13 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

I think it’s a wide player as opposed to a centre forward mate but Alf Stewart could sign ineista himself as nothing they do worries me 

Scary how quick things turned .I reckon they are at the same stage we were at 3 years ago with a very similar size gap between the teams .Highly unlikely they will bridge the gap in a year ,especially with the type of players they are signing .

One of Gerrards first signings was Goldson ,He also had 2 experienced players coming in Shagger and Arfield .

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Getting massive us under Caixinha vibes from these signings. All guys who you can build up because they look good on paper like we did with Cardoso, Herrera, Pena et all but the reality is that Scottish football is a weird animal to adapt to and too many of them at once is a potential recipe for disaster.

In fairness we all should’ve known Herrera was going to be garbage, his ‘best bits’ video had him missing the goal from 6 yards

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Can see why they’re excited about it. I think we would be too given his domestic stats. It’s a lot of money for a guy who’s never really broken into a relatively poor national team, though.

What am I missing about his domestic stats? From Wikipedia he's got 49 goals in 162 games.