them

MisterC

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Scums signings;

Liam Shaw - Kid who not long ago turned 20. Started 20 professional matches and most in a season where SW got relegated. 

Osaze Urhoghide - 21 year old with 17 professional starts.

Liel Abada - 19 year old from Israel for £3.5m

Kyogo Furuhashi - 26 year old who has started 2 times for Japan for £5m. Reeks of Eduardo Herrera to me or Takuma Asano anyone?

Carl Starfelt(likely) - £4.3m on a 26 year CB with THREE caps for Sweden. 

This has disaster written all over it. The young guys could turn out good in the future but I'm delighted with that sort of business from them. Hope it continues.

It certainly does if we can apply the pressure early enough mate. First 4 games 12 outta 12 is a must for us then we'll see what they have. 

38 minutes ago, Iakona said:

I mean the mhanks spent last summer claiming we had a shitter of a summer transfer window.

Whilst they were spunking millions on "proven quality" from the top leagues.(Duffy, Ajeti, Elyounoussi, Laxalt ect) we were adding the below players to a squad of "bottle merchants" and "serial losers" and our best players wanted out.

Balogun - injury prone, wrong side of 30 and a journeyman playing in a horrible team in the championship.

Bassey - no senior appearances or experience.

Itten - only ever had 1 good season for a middle of the road Swiss team.

Roofe - expensive, injury prone and had only ever reached double figures in his career twice.

McLaughlin - 31 year old keeper, even Rangers fans raised an eyebrow when he signed.

Defoe - 36 year old on high wages who wasn't signed to be first choice.

Zungu - who?

It's easy to predict disaster based on what's written on paper.. but football is played on grass. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves as it can easily come back to bite us on the arse.

Really good point. I think the other dimension to it is that it underlines the importance of good coaching, man management and matchday tactics.

37 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We just going to ignore that majority of those players were signed as back ups?

McGregor was first choice, McLaughlin was a reserve. Defoe was already here and hardly featured no idea why you added him tbh.

Zungu was a loan and was like 6th choice midfielder.

Roofe had shown his quality previously in a harder league and cost less than a 26 old Japanese guy with little caps. 

Bassey was signed for the future.

Totally different circumstances and to compare our position last summer to theirs just now is absolutely mental. 

I added Defoe because that's when we signed him permanently... prior to last summer he was on an 18 month loan. Defoe, Bassey and McLaughlin were the only players who were signed to be back up.. everyone else was to compete for the first 11.

As I said, our position last summer was "bottle merchants" and "serial losers." It wasn't just the Mhanks who thought that either. Our best players like Morelos(Lille), Kent(Leeds) and Barasic(Leeds) apparently wanted out. Gerrard was only still in a job because of covid whilst players like Tav and Goldson personified the loser mentality at our club. Things were far from rosey for us... Just like things aren't rosey for the mhanks right now. They thought our squad was miles short and they ridiculed our signings before they even set a foot on some grass.. and now we are doing the same. Fortunately for us they were wrong, let's hope we aren't wrong this coming season.

The point is things can change very quickly... And predicting disaster based on what's written on paper can and often does bite people on the arse.

5 hours ago, RFC55 said:

They tried to do a deal whereby he would be paid a basic wage well I say basic around 50k PW but he would be offered all royalties From every Messi strip sold and all merchandise featuring him. Couldve put him close to about 270k PW with them when it was all worked out with bonuses etc.

He had a special deal with addidas and it's likely they had a hand in it also 

5 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

😂😂ffs mate 

5 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

I heard a slightly different version, Messi's agent was the one who proposed the deal but they wouldn't stretch to 50k a week

@1NachoNovo heard a version too.

Poor cunt lost his house after putting everything on Bet 365 Messi to celtic thinking they'd give him his money back if it was a draw.

5 hours ago, RFC55 said:

They tried to do a deal whereby he would be paid a basic wage well I say basic around 50k PW but he would be offered all royalties From every Messi strip sold and all merchandise featuring him. Couldve put him close to about 270k PW with them when it was all worked out with bonuses etc.

He had a special deal with addidas and it's likely they had a hand in it also 

and where was this reported?

2 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

and of course they got it from a whatsapp message

i was really ready to get tore into him as believe it or not this was the shite the daftys in the east end where trying to come out with a few weeks ago :lol:

Get tore into him mate regardless

You never know how a signing will turn out until they start playing, but they’re really going for broke her. 

If these signings flop a la Pedro, it will set them back years. As it stands they’re going into a season with their best defender being that dumpling Welsh, with Taylor and Ralston on either flank. That’s not even as good a back line as Hibs have

Just now, Rowley Birkin said:

hmmm i was thinking about putting a tenner on midgetland minus a goal at 7/1 for tuesday now i dont know whether to just get a packet of beer with it

A don't know anything about that league.

Don't know if they played a full team or not