them

MisterC

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Seriously though, imagine he does score.

Their players running to celebrate with him, their fans jumping about cheering ecstatically, their manager praising him in the post-match interview.

That’s horrific.

Will be painted as a great comeback in the media 

21 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Midtjylland are $4 to win tonight….. do we think they will beat celtic? 

To be honest, I have a feeling the fuckers will get a result. Midgetland are in a mess as well, and I always assume those fuckers will jam a result.

Also makes it sweeter if they get pumped.

Just now, magic8ball said:

Best case scenario is ,sneak through ,Get pumped in the next round then pumped out in Europa qualifier ,Into Europa to keep them busy during the midweeks .

Think if they win this round, then they are into the Europa League groups even if they get pumped in the next round.

However, strangely, if we get put out vs Malmo, we go into the Europa qualifiers and are not guaranteed group stages.

Might be wrong on that, but I think it is a quirk of the qualifying system. 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Think if they win this round, then they are into the Europa League groups even if they get pumped in the next round.

However, strangely, if we get put out vs Malmo, we go into the Europa qualifiers and are not guaranteed group stages.

Might be wrong on that, but I think it is a quirk of the qualifying system. 

I may be wrong too but I think it's the play off round where losing puts you into the group stage of the EL.

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I may be wrong too but I think it's the play off round where losing puts you into the group stage of the EL.

That would put us in the Europe League groups, but if celtic beat this lot, I think that they get straight into the Europa Leagues should they fall against PSV/Gala.

11 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

It seems a really obvious thing to say but I struggle to understand how anyone could cheerlead the Greek’s style of play as some sort of total football phenomenon when it’s so inherently exposed and vulnerable to the counter. It’s a disaster waiting to happen and teams won’t need Guardiola in the dugout to hurt them. They are going to get punished over and over again by the most basic balls over the top or through the gaps.

Take Hibs for example: imagine Walsh and their other no marks being stood up inside the opposition half with their full backs in the penalty box, leaving Boyle and Nisbet ready for free runs at goal as soon as they lose possession. It’s madness. Throw Livingston, St Johnstone and even St Mirren into that same scenario too. Most teams in this division have forwards that will thrive on that.

They’re going to drop so many points in such a needless fashion for the sake of playing ‘ra sellik way’ - with a nonce up top as an added bonus of humiliation.

It could be even better than last season  :barrier:

9 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

It seems a really obvious thing to say but I struggle to understand how anyone could cheerlead the Greek’s style of play as some sort of total football phenomenon when it’s so inherently exposed and vulnerable to the counter. It’s a disaster waiting to happen and teams won’t need Guardiola in the dugout to hurt them. They are going to get punished over and over again by the most basic balls over the top or through the gaps.

Take Hibs for example: imagine Walsh and their other no marks being stood up inside the opposition half with their full backs in the penalty box, leaving Boyle and Nisbet ready for free runs at goal as soon as they lose possession. It’s madness. Throw Livingston, St Johnstone and even St Mirren into that same scenario too. Most teams in this division have forwards that will thrive on that.

They’re going to drop so many points in such a needless fashion for the sake of playing ‘ra sellik way’ - with a nonce up top as an added bonus of humiliation.

To be honest, it sounds like exactly the wrong type of strategy to use in Scottish Football. It is set up for how teams in this backwater have adapted to play for decades against us and them.

For it to work, they have to have a quality of player absolutely miles ahead of any of the teams they are playing. Not only in ability, but guys who dont wilt under the pressure. I just dont see their current squad being good enough to pull this off.

They have to spend a shit load on new players, and unless they get their finger out, I think they are in for a very long season.

I have said before that I won't be surprised if someone else is runners up this season.

They start at Tynecastle where they could well be beaten. Home games against Dundee and St Mirren follow. They will be expecting 6 points from those games but may only end up with 3 or 4. Then they come to Ibrox.

Just now, GersInCanada said:

I have said before that I won't be surprised if someone else is runners up this season.

They start at Tynecastle where they could well be beaten. Home games against Dundee and St Mirren follow. They will be expecting 6 points from those games but may only end up with 3 or 4. Then they come to Ibrox.

25 points behind by Christmas....

Carlsberg can't surely give us a second dream season....

:django:

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, it sounds like exactly the wrong type of strategy to use in Scottish Football. It is set up for how teams in this backwater have adapted to play for decades against us and them.

For it to work, they have to have a quality of player absolutely miles ahead of any of the teams they are playing. Not only in ability, but guys who dont wilt under the pressure. I just dont see their current squad being good enough to pull this off.

They have to spend a shit load on new players, and unless they get their finger out, I think they are in for a very long season.

If this does go tits up very quickly they will definitely never recover.
they will be left with flangies signings,and no cunt will touch any of them with a barge pole. 
5 maybe 6 ok players on 3/4 year deals will kill them off for the good of decent people.