them

MisterC

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

This is the first I've seen them this pre-season.

Main observation for me would be if they go into the season with that defence and without a new goalkeeper they have no chance.

Going forward they look pretty good though. If they get something silly like >£15 million for Eduoard and Forster or similar and two top full backs come in - which is obviously a big if - then I'm not so sure I'd be as over confident as the general consensus seems to be.

It’s Ange’s philosophy, attack, attack. They do look good going forward but as everyone and their granny pointed out they leave themselves open to the counter and that’s exactly what happened.

He’ll get results in the SPFL but any decent team will take them apart.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

This is the first I've seen them this pre-season.

Main observation for me would be if they go into the season with that defence and without a new goalkeeper they have no chance.

Going forward they look pretty good though. If they get something silly like >£15 million for Eduoard and Forster or similar and two top full backs come in - which is obviously a big if - then I'm not so sure I'd be as over confident as the general consensus seems to be.

Play like that period it will be right mixed bag irrespective of who they bring in.  So open it's unbelievable.  Will win a few games heavily but will also come unstuck a good few times and teams will figure them out 2nd round of fixtures.  So similar to us with Warburton. 

3 hours ago, RS4_wul said:

That has to be a photoshop, surely to fuck :lol:

It’s utterly bizarre, sure Antonio is quick but everyone’s favourite plate breaker gets a long look at him coming and seems to decide to leave his net empty and pick up the striker in the box that isn’t there which was bizarre as Welsh goes to pick the nonexistent fella too. 

12 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Thing is, they have to sell their best players to fund a new defence.and despite the fact that Eddie looked disinterested yesterday they have to replace him.

Eddie hasn’t looked interested since he started collecting U21 caps all those years ago.

49 minutes ago, markem said:

It’s utterly bizarre, sure Antonio is quick but everyone’s favourite plate breaker gets a long look at him coming and seems to decide to leave his net empty and pick up the striker in the box that isn’t there which was bizarre as Welsh goes to pick the nonexistent fella too. 

TBF to barkas Antonio can hit a ball hard, don't want to get in the way of that.

1 hour ago, markem said:

Earlier barkas was positioned similar and Antonia hit it to the far post so he noticed it second time.  Positioning is school boy stuff, maybe barkas was anticipating a cross lol

3 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It’s Ange’s philosophy, attack, attack. They do look good going forward but as everyone and their granny pointed out they leave themselves open to the counter and that’s exactly what happened.

He’ll get results in the SPFL but any decent team will take them apart.

I'll probably jinx it now but I think SPFL teams could be an issue. He likes this expansive attacking football but most cunts in this league suffocate the pitch in the final third. It's taken Gerrard and his team a few years to crack it.

No doubt he'll be hoping that they just outscore the opponents, even if it's 4-3 and 5-4s but could easily see it playing out like we used to be. Camped in the opposition half and concede on the counter every match.