them

MisterC

6 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Of course we do have a hard season ahead but have an excellent squad and a management team who believe in a game by game approach. That wont change.

Even English has said that our 2nd 11 would win the league. 

his latest article was a riot, absolutely fuming   :lol:

Their bench last night: Barkas, Ajeti, Rogic, Bolingoli, Urhoghide, Shaw, Robertson, Doohan, Forrest and Montgomery.

They have Starfelt and Furuhashi arriving, Griffiths, if he's not loitering near a play park, and in October at the earliest, Julien likely back from injury.

Christie's contract is up at Christmas, and it looks like Edouard is heading out the door some time soon.

I don't think I can remember them ever being in this state before - and that's assuming a couple of their new signings hit the ground running and Julien comes back fit - and even then, it's still a paper thin squad to back up injuries and rotate a squad through Europe.

As it stands, and even taking off the blue tinted specs, I'd be struggling to think of any of their players that I would want us to take on a free that could add something to our squad! 

11 hours ago, Jdee.RFC said:

celtic paid £4m for disco lights specifically for Champions League nights. They've never played in the Champions League since getting them

My favourite joke over the past couple of years. "The disco lights at celtic have put in a transfer request citing the fact they only came to celtic Park as they were promised CL football.". 

10 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Aberdeen got 73 and 76 points those two seasons.

Last season they got 56, Hibs 63.

Thats the difference!

Good point. I'd argue though that celtic's tiny 75 last season, in theory, should get worse because they are clearly worse in terms of talent and experience from last season somehow (as it stands).

Though you're probably right because there will be a compression of points between Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and St Johnstone which might just save their bacon.

I also don't expect us to go below 90 this year unlike celtic in rodger's second year.

53 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Their bench last night: Barkas, Ajeti, Rogic, Bolingoli, Urhoghide, Shaw, Robertson, Doohan, Forrest and Montgomery.

They have Starfelt and Furuhashi arriving, Griffiths, if he's not loitering near a play park, and in October at the earliest, Julien likely back from injury.

Christie's contract is up at Christmas, and it looks like Edouard is heading out the door some time soon.

I don't think I can remember them ever being in this state before - and that's assuming a couple of their new signings hit the ground running and Julien comes back fit - and even then, it's still a paper thin squad to back up injuries and rotate a squad through Europe.

As it stands, and even taking off the blue tinted specs, I'd be struggling to think of any of their players that I would want us to take on a free that could add something to our squad! 

Lou Macari era was a similar level .

9 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

I’m telling yous the now, this league isn’t a walk over. So stop thinking it is 

Yeah. We need to hit our marks like we did last season. 

Fortunately we have a manager and backroom team that will not take anything for granted!

They’re already too late to get any new foreign signings into the team for the games against Jablonec and Dundee now :lol: 

Knowing the quarantine rules it’s absolutely mental that they don’t have basically all of their business done already. Mental.