them

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They are signing this wee prick so that when he is boo'd, they can play their anti-irish racism card.

They know they are shite on the pitch, so they will try to spin a huge deal off the pitch to distract and paint us as the bad guys. Their stupid fans will lap it up.

I hope we are prepared to retort with clips of them booing Lennon and us cheering Duffy.

:lol: 

BridgeIsBlue likes this

3 minutes ago, tm91 said:

What the fuck is happening over there? I know they've got plenty of previous for signing big names for yesteryear but this is a daft signing.

A player who has deteriorated so significantly in five years he went from England and City's number 1 to being the third-choice keeper for fucking Spurs, after failing at Torino, Burnley and West Ham. A keeper who famously can't save shots low to his left. A keeper who's notoriously so shit at passing out that the first thing Guardiola did was get rid of him, signed at a time when their new manager wants to play expressive, passing football from the back. 

I'm sure he's still a decent shot stopper but this will be an awful signing. Happy they didn't go for Siegrist from Dundee United on the cheap.

Siegrist is a very capable keeper. 

Mclean RFC, tm91, demise and 1 other like this

18 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They are signing this wee prick so that when he is boo'd, they can play their anti-irish racism card.

They know they are shite on the pitch, so they will try to spin a huge deal off the pitch to distract and paint us as the bad guys. Their stupid fans will lap it up.

I hope we are prepared to retort with clips of them booing Lennon and us cheering Duffy.

Is he not perma-injured?

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

James McCarthy is/was twice the player Soro is but again it comes across as a panic signing of an over the hill injury prone player who won't work

Tbf thats not very hard, soro is rotten, people claiming he has a good engine, covers ground etc obviously shut their eyes when he's on the ball, he's like brown but wears long sleeve tops in the cold

Furohashi san....Iniesta say GO to celtic... I remember as a young boy looking at my first celtic poster

above my bed and it brought a tear to the eye of Iniesta....looking down were Wayne Biggins, Carl Muggleton and Anton Rogan...

2 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

On paper they should be an improvement but footballs not played on paper, could turn out very Warburton-ish. 

Hart has been on a downtrend stat wise for a number of years and McCarthy is injury prone. We have nothing to worry about. We've already been through this with Kranjcar and Senderos

BlueKnight87 likes this

3 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

Hart has been on a downtrend stat wise for a number of years and McCarthy is injury prone. We have nothing to worry about. We've already been through this with Kranjcar and Senderos

Im In no way too worried but they should be an improvement to their squad, I’d imagine they’d still need a good 6/7 players right enough. 

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

2 panic buys

Exactly what they are. Hart hasn't played any regular first team football in years and Mccarthy is an injury prone midfielder. Our midfield will absolutely boss him. 

It's quite funny to see the taigs trying to big these 2 up as game changers. Remeber when they said guys like Robbie Keane and Duffy would do the same 🤣

McCarthy, like Hart, was very good back in the day. However, he's now 30 and has struggled with injuries for years.

Had they signed him for 12 months with an option of extending, you'd probably have to say it's a risk worth taking but 4 years? That is utterly insane.

Rumours that the manager didn't want them seem to make sense as I can't imagine a guy who wants his players to empty the tank every single match wants his main midfielder to be a guy that has managed around 30 games (minutes wise) in 5 years.