them

MisterC

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

there was no freedom in that game yesterday, we needed a early goal, didn't get it. we still have a lot of injuries or players not fit etc, i've no doubts we will win the lg.  we will come good, we will be up and running soon.  it will be nice to celtic coming and having a go.  this will be telling. 

Yeah there are reasons we haven't got up to speed yet but we need to get our levels up quickly and hopefully on Tuesday then kick on from there. 

I'm always a believer that it doesn't matter what the scum do as long as we take care of our business so if we can get up to speed quickly we'll be fine.

25 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Paul McGowan needs to have a word with his fucking barber 😂 what’s going on there.

It's an absolute fucking disgrace. 

I thought he had a bandage on his heed from a distance. 

Ugly ugly bastard as well. 

The way they play they will get big scores against the fodder in the league, but they are so open at the back they will struggle against teams who have a little pace and hit them on the break. They will also struggle if teams do to them what DU did to us yesterday in terms of the press. DU man marked our creative players too, whereas Dundee have been way too open. 

Also worth remembering that their first two league games this season have come against newly promoted sides, and they have already lost one of those. 

I'm not buying in to the hype and the fear that a few people seem to have bought into. They will be competitive but the whole "plan B is to do plan A better" philosophy will only get them so far.

8 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

Yeah there are reasons we haven't got up to speed yet but we need to get our levels up quickly and hopefully on Tuesday then kick on from there. 

I'm always a believer that it doesn't matter what the scum do as long as we take care of our business so if we can get up to speed quickly we'll be fine.

were streets ahead of celtic imo. 

also, the management are going to have to try another system for games like yesterday, there was times there was 3-4 players around our wingers. 

d utd, and i don't blame them, nullified, doubled tripled up, sat really really deep , where physical, they played to their strengths on how to nick a point or 3.  the management need to come up with different tactics for these games.  surely Gerrard or MB know how these teams are going to set up ffs.  

Let’s not get carried away because they’re beating a shite Dundee team at home.  They will have big problems at the back against the better sides in the league. The goal we conceded yesterday was just jammy and won’t repeat itself regularly. Goals win games, defences win titles and that’s why I remain confident.

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Since their last decent level of opposition? Think I'll scratch Thursday and today off mate and wait till they play a half decent team to judge but if we played a team with Adam and mcgowen in it, at home, I'd be wanting to win by about 8. 

Charlie Adam and McGowan look about 80 combined 

Haven't seen any but saw the goal updates on BBC. They've made it sound like every goal is just beat a man down the side and roll it across the goal. 

Probably hasn't been the case but I noticed in their European games they definitely try that low ball into the box a lot. 

18 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Agree in terms of having ball players but Turnbull and Rogic have zero mobility 

They’re playing Jobbers at home, likely to have over 70 percent possession so their need for tracking back is minimal.

They’re there to create and score goals.

34 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

No harm but I’m not going to get worried by them beating Dundee at home even if it does end up 6 or 7 nil 

Exactly mate, wasn’t expecting anything other than them to turn Dundee, but would also not be surprised if the loose a goal or two either (although not having seen Dundee so far I don’t know how capable or otherwise up front). Teams like Aberdeen and Hib's from what I’ve seen of them so far will definitely cause them defensive issues.

As for ourselves I’m not happy about how this campaign has begun but in the grand scheme of things I’m not worried as I do believe we will pick things up…

6 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Haven't seen any but saw the goal updates on BBC. They've made it sound like every goal is just beat a man down the side and roll it across the goal. 

Probably hasn't been the case but I noticed in their European games they definitely try that low ball into the box a lot. 

I’ve said this a few times but that’s something we need to improve on big time. Don’t know how many times (last season as well) we got down the sides of teams but were unable to find our man in the box for a tap in. 

Probs easier said that done given there’s usually 8 opposition players in the box but still it’s something that always frustrates me with us. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

This jap is gonna bang in all sorts. Need to be on it against him in a few weeks 

Christie has been pretty good by the sounds of it. Isn't he on a fee in December?

Wait until they play Motherwell and Livi away and he gets kicked all over the pitch.

Confidence is huge in football so it's frustrating they'll have a chance to build a bit now but they usually dick a few sides early on, Hamilton 5-1, St. Johnstone 7-0.

I think they'll be right up there this season but they still need players for the first 11 which means their squad depth isn't going to be the greatest come December-January when the fixtures pile up.