Rangers follow NFL and the Avengers in announcing collaboration with cultural phenomenon

The Dude

23 minutes ago, andy500 said:

'Rangers to appear in Fortnite' or similar is a header. You get more context and in depth detail from the article.

'OMG! You won't believe how Rangers are like the Avengers!' is nonsense clickbait shite you expect from a scam company on Facebook.

I'm sure it works for you, so fair play. I just find it annoying, and wouldn't put any trust or respect in a website which does it.

If you put Rangers to appear on Fortnite you immediately lose a huge chunk of readers. 

Mentioning stuff like the NFL or the Avengers is much less about 'OMG we're like the Avengers' and more about. Increasing the range of topics the story ranks for with Google. 

It's part of a Pele football event, 23 clubs involved.

Clubs include:

Manchester City FC

Juventus

AC Milan

Inter Milan

AS Roma

Seattle Sounders FC

Atlanta United 

Los Angeles FC

Santos FC

Wolves

West Ham United FC

Sevilla FC

Sporting CP

Borussia Mönchengladbach

FC Schalke 04

VFL Wolfsburg

Rangers FC

Covid FC

Cerezo Osaka

Melbourne City FC

Sydney FC

Western Sydney Wanderers

EC Bahia

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/the-beautiful-game-football-comes-alive-in-fortnite

13 hours ago, TheBluebells said:

Also, bring this back.

image.png.a771f164c2656878f8c800320d508507.png

Oh the fucking tantrums I threw as a wean playing this with my brother :lol:

There was a glitch where you could score from the halfway line at kick off and he used to batter me with it every time.

Still raging

13 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We're a football club, not a fucking Virgins Anonymous meeting club.

Club can’t win. If eSports takes off like I expect it to, you’ll get people decrying our lack of marketing awareness by not getting involved earlier.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I wasn’t specifically referring to the Fortnite skin thing, I just can’t be bothered with how modern day football clubs have to have a gaming strategy.

I’m not gonna be playing it but it’s not really that much different to the club selling a t shirt or something like that. Just something for kids to show off in to their mates 

9 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Club can’t win. If eSports takes off like I expect it to, you’ll get people decrying our lack of marketing awareness by not getting involved earlier.

eSports is a different ‘sport’ though. Most of the clubs around Europe that have got into it in a big way like Schalke and Hamburg are already multi sport clubs, they aren’t just football clubs.

For us it’s an opportunity cost of putting money into something that isn’t football.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

eSports is a different ‘sport’ though. Most of the clubs around Europe that have got into it in a big way like Schalke and Hamburg are already multi sport clubs, they aren’t just football clubs.

For us it’s an opportunity cost of putting money into something that isn’t football.

True.

However, from a personal view, I think it’s going to take off and I’m glad we’re in on it.

13 hours ago, andy500 said:

'Rangers to appear in Fortnite' or similar is a header. You get more context and in depth detail from the article.

'OMG! You won't believe how Rangers are like the Avengers!' is nonsense clickbait shite you expect from a scam company on Facebook.

I'm sure it works for you, so fair play. I just find it annoying, and wouldn't put any trust or respect in a website which does it.

It was cool back in 98 to blast anything @The Dude posts, it's just really tedious now especially when the article is good and relevant. Same old rule should apply, if you're no interested just pass it by.

Seems a strange selection of clubs for this!

I assume Epic Games is paying Rangers a small licencing fee, in order to use the club logo on the kits.

Good market to try and get into especially the esports side of this, quite a few clubs have esports players for Fifa etc.

10 minutes ago, JMac_88 said:

Seems a strange selection of clubs for this!

I assume Epic Games is paying Rangers a small licencing fee, in order to use the club logo on the kits.

Good market to try and get into especially the esports side of this, quite a few clubs have esports players for Fifa etc.

Some massive names and the others tend to be ones that will cover other big markets (Brazil, Japan, USA etc)

6 minutes ago, JMac_88 said:

You are correct, i never actually thought about that aspect!

It's interesting they've picked both us and Celtic as Scotland itself isnt a massive market and, tbh, we aren't there to draw casual players in either so they might see some other particular value from us in terms of sales. Whether that's been on the back of sales of other Rangers-related gaming content (PES for example) is anyone's guess. Would be interesting to find out though. I might actually try get in touch with Epic and see if I can get an interview from someone.

The other possibility is we've gone to them but, given Celtic's involvement too, I'm not sure that's the case.

3 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Oh the fucking tantrums I threw as a wean playing this with my brother :lol:

There was a glitch where you could score from the halfway line at kick off and he used to batter me with it every time.

Still raging

I mind doing that with Arveladze all the time :lol:

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

It's interesting they've picked both us and celtic as Scotland itself isnt a massive market and, tbh, we aren't there to draw casual players in either so they might see some other particular value from us in terms of sales. Whether that's been on the back of sales of other Rangers-related gaming content (PES for example) is anyone's guess. Would be interesting to find out though. I might actually try get in touch with Epic and see if I can get an interview from someone.

The other possibility is we've gone to them but, given celtic's involvement too, I'm not sure that's the case.

Yeah, i suppose when you think about it like that, It does seem odd!

Good to see the club willing to work with Epic on this front and you never know it might mean something else at some point in the future too, Due to the clubs willingness to work with them this time round.

Talking about interviews it would be good to hear from James Bisgrove would be interesting to know the state of the commercial department when he came into the job and changes he implemented etc and ideas or plans going forward. 

Archived