SFA silence on Lennon rant leaves massive questions after Rangers charge

The Dude

Neil Lennon’s outrageous press conference rant has seen several clubs fire back at the Celtic boss, pundits and fans react in amazement and broadcasters banned from Celtic Park – but after Rangers boss Steven Gerrard was charged over a comment made towards a referee earlier this season, the Scottish FA’s continued silence is absolutely bewildering.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/sfa-silence-on-lennon-rant-leaves-massive-questions-after-rangers-charge/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent comments James

You should have added some personal views though like "Why wasn't the wee bitter cunt hauled up in front of the beaks the next day?"

Just my opinion though and I appreciate that it might not have sat well with Rangers official press.

The silence of the authorities is telling - the point made above is totally valid but even before that press conference there has been no response at all from the SFA or the league regarding the Dubai trip other than passing the buck and threatening Hibs when they expressed concerns about the game. They have been quick to target the sheep, St Mirren etc with fines and points and even our players got their 7 game ban, which was graciously accepted. The silence and lack of action is deafening. The celtic supporters have been more critical of their own club and manager than the league and SFA. Then lennon decides to start firing broadsides at other clubs and the government and still nothing has happened. I can only assume the authorities are waiting from their instructions from lawell how to proceed.  It is clear to any observer what is going on and an embarrassment to our game. We have to punish them in our own way, by ignoring the noise and taking our title back. 

According to Maxwell the CO is looking into the Dubai photos to establish what, if any, action is required.

The review should have been short and simple, the action easy to determine...... protocols breached at the pool and in the bar....... 7 game bans to all as per established precedent with Jones and Edmundson.

Several of the guilty players are playing tonight when they should be sitting in the stand

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Neil Lennon’s outrageous press conference rant has seen several clubs fire back at the celtic boss, pundits and fans react in amazement and broadcasters banned from celtic Park – but after Rangers boss Steven Gerrard was charged over a comment made towards a referee earlier this season, the Scottish FA’s continued silence is absolutely bewildering.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/sfa-silence-on-lennon-rant-leaves-massive-questions-after-Rangers-charge/

Did Lennon not also criticise the referee after Ibrox game and no action taken.

I thought this at the time - why isn't he getting pulled up for this but when i listened again - he hasn't said anything against the SFA, only the government, press, other clubs.

honestly think they ran that whole pish through a solicitor to see how exposed it would leave them and he's been coached on what he can and cant say. 

2 hours ago, the cry was no said:

According to Maxwell the CO is looking into the Dubai photos to establish what, if any, action is required.

Didn't TLB say that the pics were an invasion of privacy and illegal under UAE photography laws?

Somebody remind me when exactly he passed the Dubai bar exam???

FUCK YE LENNY !!!

10 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

I thought this at the time - why isn't he getting pulled up for this but when i listened again - he hasn't said anything against the SFA, only the government, press, other clubs.

honestly think they ran that whole pish through a solicitor to see how exposed it would leave them and he's been coached on what he can and cant say. 

You’d have thought the “nobody has covid” comment and suggesting that the self-isolation rules are “political” would warrant some sort of action. Bringing the game into disrepute or something?

11 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

He doesn't need to say anything about the SFA to be deemed as bringing the game into disrepute.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

He doesn't need to say anything about the SFA to be deemed as bringing the game into disrepute.

Criticism of other member clubs qualifies as bringing the game into disrepute or it would be a fee for all with member clubs arguing with each other all over the place. 

Just now, Brubear said:

Criticism of other member clubs qualifies as bringing the game into disrepute or it would be a fee for all with member clubs arguing with each other all over the place. 

PlumbGER. Apologies, my response should have been to Brian. 

3 minutes ago, Brubear said:

You’ve got to think that due to their (celtic) conduct this year plus the ineptness by the football authorities in dealing with them, a few more clubs will smell the coffee, turn opinion and look for change?

6 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

You’ve got to think that due to their (celtic) conduct this year plus the ineptness by the football authorities in dealing with them, a few more clubs will smell the coffee, turn opinion and look for change?

Tou would think so but I doubt many, if any,, will have the balls to put their head above the parapet.  St Johnstone staement was fairly strong to be fair to them. 

3 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Tou would think so but I doubt many, if any,, will have the balls to put their head above the parapet.  St Johnstone staement was fairly strong to be fair to them. 

Hopefully when the balance of power changes (as it is well on its way to doing) this will break the apparent stranglehold they seem to have on the game. Either way I think Lawell may very well leave at the end of the season, the sooner the better...

lennon’s complaints about other club’s Covid protocols have prompted the Joint Response Group to respond.

The group have written to every Premiership club in the wake of the scums boss’ astonishing press conference this week.

singled out Hamilton and St Johnstone when he claimed his squad were “cramped like sardines” when changing before their games as the respective grounds.

Both have denied lennon’s accusations, with The Saints issuing a strong statement in which they described his comments as “inaccurate and unfounded”.

But now the JRG - made up of representatives from the SPFL and Scottish FA - have now contacted all top flight clubs asking for a run down of their match day protocols to ensure guidelines are being followed

They knew exactly what they were doing with that "rant"  its only going to keep ramping up as we close in on 55  

2 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

You’d have thought the “nobody has covid” comment and suggesting that the self-isolation rules are “political” would warrant some sort of action. Bringing the game into disrepute or something?

not sure what their rulebook says on what constitutes bringing the game into disrepute, they change and bend the fucking thing that often. 

Archived