A Team Talk to the Playing Squad

JCDBigBear

At this time I'd love it if I could either speak to the squad directly or have it read out to them just how much winning this season's league title would mean to the Rangers support.  What it would mean after having to claw ourselves back from the lowest division.  To have faced the near extinction of the Rangers and the communal blood-lust of the other clubs in trying to kill us off.   To have endured the jibes and mockery of opposition fans.  To have endured the bias and constant criticism of the entire Scottish media who took great delight in highlighting any flaws or failures in our return journey.  I'd like to emphasise to the players that they would forever be legends, remembered for life by us all.  The respect and adulation from the Rangers fans would follow them throughout the rest of their careers and lives.  Finally, I'd like them to win this title in dedication and remembrance of those who died 50 years ago at Ibrox.  That, for me, would be the greatest incentive of all.

The anniversary is the most poignant reason for it to happen.

But the fans here today also deserve this. My wee yin and some.of my mates kids are the same they only know these tramps winning it all.

What a fucking time it will be if/when we take this 

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

At this time I'd love it if I could either speak to the squad directly or have it read out to them just how much winning this season's league title would mean to the Rangers support.  What it would mean after having to claw ourselves back from the lowest division.  To have faced the near extinction of the Rangers and the communal blood-lust of the other clubs in trying to kill us off.   To have endured the jibes and mockery of opposition fans.  To have endured the bias and constant criticism of the entire Scottish media who took great delight in highlighting any flaws or failures in our return journey.  I'd like to emphasise to the players that they would forever be legends, remembered for life by us all.  The respect and adulation from the Rangers fans would follow them throughout the rest of their careers and lives.  Finally, I'd like them to win this title in dedication and remembrance of those who died 50 years ago at Ibrox.  That, for me, would be the greatest incentive of all.

I'm pretty sure they know, and have been told this?

100 million we were told to catch them, This is War we were told. 

Remember going to that dump in 2012 and getting pumped 3-0 and we sang for AllyMccoists blue and white army and didn't stop we were bouncing even at one of our lowest points, black flags the lot from that mob and we were still bouncing. They could not survive what we went through which has made our support the most resilient and we will deserve it. 

So much for this is war folded at the first sign of trouble. 

44 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

I'm pretty sure they know, and have been told this?

You are no doubt correct in what you say my friend but I like the idea of a fan just like the OP, an ordinary Joe, standing up in front of the squad with a tear in his eye and a lump in his throat reminding them just what we as a support have had to endure and just what this means to all of us, just in case they should need a small reminder and just get this done.

6 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Great sentiments - but I think you underestimate Gerrard  and this squad. They get it - and guys like McGregor, Davis and Arfield  are there to push the message through if needed, but they get it. 
the only regret I have is we will not be filling Ibrox  on the day we win - now that would be something! 

7 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

The anniversary is the most poignant reason for it to happen.

But the fans here today also deserve this. My wee yin and some.of my mates kids are the same they only know these tramps winning it all.

What a fucking time it will be if/when we take this 

Absolutely spot on about the kids, my 8 year old has had a season ticket 4 year and knows nothing but them winning it all. Mind you my 4 year old is just getting into it so he’s maybe going to have it all his own way for a while, fuckin hope so 🤣

I like the sentiment of a fan giving a rousing speech to the team and, thinking about the youngsters, have one of them in the dressing room too, it wouldn't happen but I do think the players 'get it'. 

Speaking of the youngsters, I, like a numbers of older bears, have had to go through this 10 crap for a second time, it was bad enough as a youngster the first time with it just being verbal crap you had to contend with, but these days younger fans have had to put up with all the social media crap that happens as well, I  know we've all had to suffer it, but at least us older bears have seen winning Rangers teams. In my opinion, and it's only mine, the youngsters deserve great credit and respect for sticking it out through all the crap, but they are Rangers fans, we wouldn't expect them to do anything less. 

Many years on you have memories and mementos growing up as a Rangers fan, I got a Rangers scarf for my 10th birthday from my gran, I still wear it today and in March , (could even be the day we lift the trophy at Parkhead), it will be 55 years since I got it, it's got to be an omen. 

This team have the chance to become Rangers legends and due to circumstances not under any real pressure.

It’s time for them to get the bit between their teeth and push on.

What we can’t have is what happened at Motherwell, just walking about the park until Motherwell scored. I suspect this was because after them dropping points against Hibs and Livvy.

March on, Rangers.

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

the only regret I have is we will not be filling Ibrox  on the day we win - now that would be something! 

Whether Ibrox is empty or not, some people are grossly underestimating what Edmiston Drive will be like should we win.

Means the absolute world to us as a support.

Just remember how we felt in those dark days. Scrambling a draw up at Peterhead on the opening day of League 2, losing to Stirling Albion, Alloa and Raith Rovers. In those darkest times it was so so difficult to see when this would next happen. I'll admit I did think at one time we'd be lucky to stop 15, 16 in a row, it was so bad.

This is going to a fucking party and a half.

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

I wish my dad was still here to see it 💙

Me too. I lost him Feb 2020. He was only 65. So many years of going to watch us play shite teams and put in shite performances whilst that mob gloated. My Dad didn’t think we’d ever win the title again. Really wish he could be here to see us being the ones that are gloating and being so close to 55. 

As for the speech to the players - just fcking do this 

29 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Means the absolute world to us as a support.

Just remember how we felt in those dark days. Scrambling a draw up at Peterhead on the opening day of League 2, losing to Stirling Albion, Alloa and Raith Rovers. In those darkest times it was so so difficult to see when this would next happen. I'll admit I did think at one time we'd be lucky to stop 15, 16 in a row, it was so bad.

This is going to a fucking party and a half.

Best bit about opening day was a guy behind me singing,  WE’RE ONLY HERE FOR THE HADDOCK, HERE FOR THE HAAAADOCK...........

My dad is now 91 years old, he took me to Ibrox when I was 8, when I bought my ST in 1986 he bought one to, we went through utter shite in the late 70s to nine in a row and then back to shite times, we never gave up, unfortunately now dad is bed bound, but every game I txt him every goal for or against, he can't listen to radio due to hearing loss etc, but every day I go to see him he asks ,"will we win the league" I now say looks like it dad, I pray we win it before he passes.

Archived