A Team Talk to the Playing Squad

JCDBigBear

The fact that what is happening is so unexpected and spectacular makes it even more enjoyable. We’ve came from a very black place and those bastards are going to see how it feels and going by what’s happened in the past we’ll need a bigger stadium they’ll need a bigger car park.

4 hours ago, rbt1548 said:

I like the sentiment of a fan giving a rousing speech to the team and, thinking about the youngsters, have one of them in the dressing room too, it wouldn't happen but I do think the players 'get it'. 

Speaking of the youngsters, I, like a numbers of older bears, have had to go through this 10 crap for a second time, it was bad enough as a youngster the first time with it just being verbal crap you had to contend with, but these days younger fans have had to put up with all the social media crap that happens as well, I  know we've all had to suffer it, but at least us older bears have seen winning Rangers teams. In my opinion, and it's only mine, the youngsters deserve great credit and respect for sticking it out through all the crap, but they are Rangers fans, we wouldn't expect them to do anything less. 

Many years on you have memories and mementos growing up as a Rangers fan, I got a Rangers scarf for my 10th birthday from my gran, I still wear it today and in March , (could even be the day we lift the trophy at Parkhead), it will be 55 years since I got it, it's got to be an omen. 

Not only yours mate, I've been saying this for years myself, I hope that they now go on to see as many of the happy years The Rangers have given me.:rangers::rangers:

I fully get the sentiment and agree to an extent. But in honesty it would be about reassuring ourselves the players and coaches get it, get the importance, the need for us to win it for all the reasons mentioned.

But what is even better is we know this manager and these players are going to do it regardless. We're a juggernaut that is stopping for no one. think they know already. They'll win it for themselves, for us, for the club. And that will do for me, these legends will bring it home.

55 is coming, as a wider family we need to ready ourselves for the biggest celebration of our lives.

1 hour ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Best bit about opening day was a guy behind me singing,  WE’RE ONLY HERE FOR THE HADDOCK, HERE FOR THE HAAAADOCK...........

Remember at Peterhead standing on the terracing made from scaffolding and wood, nobody dared make a sudden move in case the whole thing shifted. On the bus going in, the roundabouts were covered in Rangers flags.

Going through the leagues was a journey we had to make due to the bitterness shown to our club by others, a club whose supporters travelled the length and breadth of the country for years in support of our team putting money into others coffers, and what did they do?, they tried to bury us.

Our time is coming and it's going to be glorious.

No Surrender.

I was locked up overnight in methil after sparking 2 of east fifes finest hooligan outfit lol...and I thought it's a long way back for me (lost my job consequently) And all for the love following Rangers. Fuckin living the dream in them lower leagues. Needless to say it's a luxury being 20 clear.

17 hours ago, GWR1979 said:

100 million we were told to catch them, This is War we were told. 

Remember going to that dump in 2012 and getting pumped 3-0 and we sang for AllyMccoists blue and white army and didn't stop we were bouncing even at one of our lowest points, black flags the lot from that mob and we were still bouncing. They could not survive what we went through which has made our support the most resilient and we will deserve it. 

So much for this is war folded at the first sign of trouble. 

"Your Grandchildren will be Celtic fans"

In the fucking bin. 

7 hours ago, chris182 said:

Means the absolute world to us as a support.

Just remember how we felt in those dark days. Scrambling a draw up at Peterhead on the opening day of League 2, losing to Stirling Albion, Alloa and Raith Rovers. In those darkest times it was so so difficult to see when this would next happen. I'll admit I did think at one time we'd be lucky to stop 15, 16 in a row, it was so bad.

This is going to a fucking party and a half.

I remember someone starting a thread on here after the Peterhead result demanding McCoist was sacked :lol:

I was never a McCoist fan but for fuck sake, a bit of context was badly needed. 

I remember bumping into Pedro the day before his first old firm game. I looked him right in the eye, firmly shook his hand and told him to make sure 'we got right intae that mob tomorrow'.

Was quite happy myself thinking my motivational phrase would carry into the dressing room the next day and energise Pedro and the team.

Unfortunately we got gubbed and went out with a whimper.

Strange wee guy, remember his 'win or win' phrase? Very next game we lost to motherwell. All the players were using it as a hastag!

So, as others have said, we really deserve this and i will savour it as our best ever👍

Barry Ferguson on Rangers' title hopes.

"The only enemy to Rangers right now is complacency.. But if I could ask one question to this group of Rangers players it would be this -

Do you realise you have the chance to become heroes and legends to hundreds of thousands of people for the rest of your lives?

Because if that's not enough to motivate you and keep you on your toes for the fight, then you're in the wrong game, and at the wrong club."

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Barry Ferguson on Rangers' title hopes.

"The only enemy to Rangers right now is complacency.. But if I could ask one question to this group of Rangers players it would be this -

Do you realise you have the chance to become heroes and legends to hundreds of thousands of people for the rest of your lives?

Because if that's not enough to motivate you and keep you on your toes for the fight, then you're in the wrong game, and at the wrong club."

:bow:

On 21/01/2021 at 14:27, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I fully get the sentiment and agree to an extent. But in honesty it would be about reassuring ourselves the players and coaches get it, get the importance, the need for us to win it for all the reasons mentioned.

But what is even better is we know this manager and these players are going to do it regardless. We're a juggernaut that is stopping for no one. think they know already. They'll win it for themselves, for us, for the club. And that will do for me, these legends will bring it home.

55 is coming, as a wider family we need to ready ourselves for the biggest celebration of our lives.

Ye gon to ibrox on the clinching day and the trophy day mate ? 

Archived