Rangers Academy duo lauded as former Ibrox striker excited for the future

The Dude

Former Rangers striker Peter MacDonald has picked out two young Gers starlets who have excited him as he embarks on a new role as a Consultant with the world’s biggest sports management company, CAA Base.

READ MORE: https://www.rangersnews.uk/academy/rangers-academy-duo-lauded-as-former-ibrox-striker-excited-for-the-future/

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Surprised to read Josh McPakes name as one of the two. Hopefully big things to come from the youths in coming seasons and maybe even when this league is tied up.

McPake has been a stand out whenever I've seen him at youth/reserve level and I can remember him having a good cameo at one of the pre-season games last season (possibly Oxford?) but seems to have been disappointing on loan?

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Surprised to read Josh McPakes name as one of the two. Hopefully big things to come from the youths in coming seasons and maybe even when this league is tied up.

Exactly what we should be looking to do, get the league wrapped up and start with 1 or 2 youngsters in each of the remaining games

Perfect opportunity for them to try top flight football with a lot of the pressure off them. 

@SeparateEntityMyArse you make a good point about the league. If we stitch it up early then there's no excuse to not give Patterson at the very least more minutes.

I'd personally rather blood a few youngsters than put out first team players for the sake of fearing defeat and blowing an unbeaten season or a record points total. Its a perfect time to give players starts with that bit of pressure on them as well.

5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Exactly what we should be looking to do, get the league wrapped up and start with 1 or 2 youngsters in each of the remaining games

Perfect opportunity for them to try top flight football with a lot of the pressure off them. 

I've kind of said in my above post the pressure of maybe chasing a record points total would be good for them, but also - a couple of youngsters having enough games so that they are in for a medal, hopefully it would make them want to be starters rather than bit parts next season.

13 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've kind of said in my above post the pressure of maybe chasing a record points total would be good for them, but also - a couple of youngsters having enough games so that they are in for a medal, hopefully it would make them want to be starters rather than bit parts next season.

Actually true, didnt think of either those points tbh, was just focusing on them getting game time in the top league

Here's hoping we're in that position sooner rather than later!

26 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

McPake has been a stand out whenever I've seen him at youth/reserve level and I can remember him having a good cameo at one of the pre-season games last season (possibly Oxford?) but seems to have been disappointing on loan?

Can't comment personally having seen minimal of him, was just that I'd heard more hype about several others and was surprised to read his name. 👍

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

@SeparateEntityMyArse you make a good point about the league. If we stitch it up early then there's no excuse to give Patterson at the very least more minutes.

I'd personally rather blood a few youngsters than put out first team players for the sake of fearing defeat and blowing an unbeaten season or a record points total. Its a perfect time to give players starts with that bit of pressure on them as well.

Leon King would get a run out too.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Leon King would get a run out too.

Yeah, I was thinking about him too but the only reason I didn't mention him is I don't really have any idea where he is at with his development as I haven't seen him play live. Think every game I've been to he's been an unused sub at Colt or U20, maybe even U18 level. Obviously that's more than a year ago now.

I've said on here before that while I rate McPake and Kennedy at the level I've seen them at, Patterson's the only one I am fully convinced by as developing into a player that could do a job starting in a Rangers side. Now whether that is at a level comparable to a Maurice Ross, or at the level of an Alan Hutton I don't know.

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah, I was thinking about him too but the only reason I didn't mention him is I don't really have any idea where he is at with his development as I haven't seen him play live. Think every game I've been to he's been an unused sub at Colt or U20, maybe even U18 level. Obviously that's more than a year ago now.

I've said on here before that while I rate McPake and Kennedy at the level I've seen them at, Patterson's the only one I am fully convinced by as developing into a player that could do a job starting in a Rangers side. Now whether that is at a level comparable to a Maurice Ross, or at the level of an Alan Hutton I don't know.

He’s just turned 17.

He’ll get a run out when things are tied up.

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

Former Rangers striker Peter MacDonald has picked out two young Gers starlets who have excited him as he embarks on a new role as a Consultant with the world’s biggest sports management company, CAA Base.

READ MORE: https://www.rangersnews.uk/academy/rangers-academy-duo-lauded-as-former-ibrox-striker-excited-for-the-future/

Have I missed Peter Macdonald as a former Rangers striker dude?

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Came through at the same time as McGregor before heading off St. Johnstone 

If it's who I think it is his nickname was peasy?

Don't think he ever played a competitive game....not one that I remember anyway 

Archived