Gerrard leads us for the 150th time tomorrow.

RFC55

Been critical of him at various points, and flipped the nut at him a few times, but can’t deny he’s improved us year on year and isn’t about to become a genuine club legend when we lift 55. 

The levels he’s been a big part of lifting us on and off the park can’t be underestimated. To go from Pedro and Murty to this in phenomenal in a short space of time.

If and when we lift that 55th title this season, he will become a legend in my eyes. I use the term "legend" and I mean it. Up there with Smith, Souness, Greg, Jardine the lot. I have been so critical of him but progression is evident and in a funny way, if he stops the 10 this year at the last hurdle then it hurts them more and becomes even sweeter. The trophy this season would be as big as any trophy we have ever won in our rich blue history and will once again remind them all that we are the people.

P.s credit to the board for faith in allowing him 150 games when a lot of clubs would have folded and sacked him. Loyalty may have just paid off.

58 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

P.s credit to the board for faith in allowing him 150 games when a lot of clubs would have folded and sacked him. Loyalty may have just paid off.

The club invested hugely in him and his staff. He was given a 4 year contract which has already been extended. I doubt terminating his contract even crossed their minds given the progress from where we were. Rightly so.

Credit to the Board for me is in investing in areas to generate more revenue streams which, along with their own hard cash, has got a squad and manager capable of challenging / winning this league. That's where praise is due, the Board delivered.

18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The club invested hugely in him and his staff. He was given a 4 year contract which has already been extended. I doubt terminating his contract even crossed their minds given the progress from where we were. Rightly so.

Credit to the Board for me is in investing in areas to generate more revenue streams which, along with their own hard cash, has got a squad and manager capable of challenging / winning this league. That's where praise is due, the Board delivered.

Aye the board have been tremendous. Been in many an argument on here with the board getting slated for the smallest of things. I definitely thought and hoped his time was up and still stand by Covid may have saved his job. Said at the time, and I'm big enough and ugly enough to say it, I hoped I was wrong and so far I have been. Such a risky appointment with a rookie manager but so far it has worked 

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Been critical of him at various points, and flipped the nut at him a few times, but can’t deny he’s improved us year on year and isn’t about to become a genuine club legend when we lift 55. 

The levels he’s been a big part of lifting us on and off the park can’t be underestimated. To go from Pedro and Murty to this in phenomenal in a short space of time.

Yeah , spot on . 

150 games its taken to get from the shambles of PC and GM to the precipice of 55 . An achievement in itself ,  but when you take into account the financial advantages c....c had its pretty astonishing really . 

He came into an absolute shambles left over from the pedro/murty run. The rebuilding we needed was huge. 

It's taking time to get us here and there has been times I've had my doubts if he was the man to get us over the line. 

But he is on course now to deliver a title that will be up there with our greatest ever.

As souness said once he gets his first more will follow under him. 

Once 55 is in the bag the real work begins.  Building a sustainable regime at The Club with a team that can get out of the CL group stages, and win trebles at home.   Players will need replacing as they near retirement or are sold on.  And most importantly a team that will grind the scum into the ground. 

6 hours ago, The Godfather said:

We were a laughing stalk when he arrived and in a month or two he will become a club legend.

Says it all. Rookie to hall of fame. 

FTP

We were a laughing stock a little under a year ago. What has happened since then has been nothing short of remarkable.

From the disbelief that SG was going to sign on as manager to the present day has been a journey that Rangers fans took a while to embrace.

Well done to DK for having the foresight to sign him and the board for backing him in no small measure. We have had failures, players not living up to their hype or unable to handle the pressure of being a Rangers player. There have been times when even the most one eyed fan has doubted his appointment but we have prevailed. The fans have been magnificent in their unwavering support even through this Covid 19 shit. We have overcome. Roll on 55.

Archived