When you got it wrong

Essandoh

Football fans are fickle, when have you made an absolute rip roaring cunt of it and been proven so wrong by a player/manager? :lol: 

I made a thread on here at the start of the season after 0-0 with Livingston saying we’d have a new manager by that time next year :belm:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Motherwell game when we were 1-0 at home after going out the LC. Couldn’t see us scoring and thought it was the beginning of the collapse we’d seen the last 2 seasons. Got it badly wrong. 

Also Barton was just what we needed at the time he signed. 

5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Football fans are fickle, when have you made an absolute rip roaring cunt of it and been proven so wrong by a player/manager? :lol: 

I made a thread on here at the start of the season after 0-0 with Livingston saying we’d have a new manager by that time next year :belm:

Some of the best posters on here including Godfather and many others are changing their tunes past few months. I include myself in that apology mate . We have a legend as our manager and we will now be able to appreciate it more . Now the pressure of stopping the 10 is off :lol: 

26 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I’ve rarely been wrong about a player because I always give them a full season to settle in, simples really 

3 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

I’ve rarely been wrong about a player because I always give them a full season to settle in, simples really 

Spot on bud. Most players coming to Rangers need that first season under their belt before we see the real player. Huge adjustment. That’s what makes Rangers different from any other club. 🔵🔴

Just now, esquire8 said:

Most match threads during Gerrards reign :pipe:

Tbf it's been every match thread since I've been on here that I've seen :lol:

@GOAT thread about Smith after s draw or defeat at Tannadice telling us why the taigs would win the league was a belter :lol:

We won the league btw 

30 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Some of the best posters on here including Godfather and many others are changing their tunes past few months. I include myself in that apology mate . We have a legend as our manager and we will now be able to appreciate it more . Now the pressure of stopping the 10 is off :lol: 

Overrated, I realised I only respected him cause the film. Pish poster and one to watch as probable tarrier.

39 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I've said it on many posts that I wanted shot of him. Happy to be wrong hopefully, but still even now I'm too much of a shitebag to celebrate until we have won it. When that day comes I will be the happiest, silliest looking beautiful bastard on here.

If we lose today but I demand Murty in.

5 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

7 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Spot on bud. Most players coming to Rangers need that first season under their belt before we see the real player. Huge adjustment. That’s what makes Rangers different from any other club. 🔵🔴

Not many players survive at our club unless they hit the ground running can only think of a few examples where players have started poorly then managed to stay and establish themselves as first team regulars.

Ricksen being one and Lovenkrands who was quite young, suppose Goldson could fall into that category.

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

My opinions are spot on to be fair so the answer is no.

However was critical after that Livi game and deservedly so. Gerrard himself seemed to learn from that game about our approach against defensive teams.

Kamara and Jack were so deep that game now you can see Kamara actually gets further forward.

Was a real turning point for us this season.

I think if I were to go back to the start of the season and end of last I'd be embarrassed as I wanted Gerrard out.

It's probably because I'm a moany bastard in general but also like all of us craving success so much especially with what's at stake this season!

Always happy to be proved wrong when it results in us winning!

I thought his appointment was a huge gamble but those thoughts soon disappeared and even when things weren’t going well I didnt doubt Stevie G would deliver success given time.

In saying that we still have a bit to do before he proves I was was right to have faith in him.

Archived