When you got it wrong

Essandoh

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Ace said:

When Gerrard was hired, I was pretty upset.

We'd been using youth coaches & guys from Dubai & was pissed that we were now hiring an under18s coach with no managerial experience.

Glad I know fuck all about football.

I was the exact same.

...and then I was outside Ibrox for his announcement :lol: 

Pedro’s transfer window! as bad as things got, at the time I must admit that window felt like times were changing, all these exotic names, Mexican internationals in pena and Herrera , ex benfica cardoso & candieas the hype over Morelos and Rangers a fans pm’ing him on Twitter plus a few decent spfl, ex epl players In Jack and dorrans. Things where looking good!
at the time I’d never wanted another manager to succeed as much as I did for Pedro due to the ridicule he was subjected to by the Scottish media but looking back we were a circus and that clown took us back 5 years!

To be where we are today (on the cusp of what we are about to achieve) under Stevie is remarkable and one footballs greatest ever comeback stories! You couldn’t write what we’ve been through and over come! 
We have earned and deserved this and i am fucking loving it!

14 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

I thought it was the end for Gerrard after the cup defeat to Hearts last season. He was a broken man after that game. 

:stevieg:

It's well worth watching again and realise how far we have came since that gutting day . Yes worse was to follow losing to Accies . Yet most of these players and have stood up and been counted .

And looking at SG here , makes you realise what a man he is . Love the man 

He is a winner . Pure and simple 

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He's woeful. 

Then you are not watching him properly mate. The amount of space he creates for himself is hard to teach. He is almost a carbon copy of Ryan Jack which is a problem for there is no need for two of them.

If given a chance he will prove to be a good player

10 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It's well worth watching again and realise how far we have came since that gutting day . Yes worse was to follow losing to Accies . Yet most of these players and have stood up and been counted .

And looking at SG here , makes you realise what a man he is . Love the man 

He is a winner . Pure and simple 

Aye you're right there eejay, amazing seeing the transformation from that day to now. Buzzing to see him lift that trophy! 

7 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Football fans are fickle, when have you made an absolute rip roaring cunt of it and been proven so wrong by a player/manager? :lol: 

I made a thread on here at the start of the season after 0-0 with Livingston saying we’d have a new manager by that time next year :belm:

That takes bottle E. 

Well done Sir. 

I applaud you. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

So did a few people including my self at the tail end of last season. 

Thankfully we are only folk in a forum. 

People watched us as if we weren't on the come back from rock bottom and had mid 2000s goggles on. We wouldn't be on the verge of 55 now if we did. I'm pretty certain of that. 

The improvement was clear. We showed we could beat them again and finally win games consistently again. Just lacked the squad depth. But does show that maybe it's good if boards ignore fans..

8 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

People watched us as if we weren't on the come back from rock bottom and had mid 2000s goggles on. We wouldn't be on the verge of 55 now if we did. I'm pretty certain of that. 

The improvement was clear. We showed we could beat them again and finally win games consistently again. Just lacked the squad depth. But does show that maybe it's good if boards ignore fans..

It wasn't the depth imo, it was mentality. Mentality that we now have in the team. 

No point trying to dig people up on things when we were clearly struggling and desperate for any form of success. Just enjoy the here and now

7 hours ago, peter huistra said:

Not many players survive at our club unless they hit the ground running can only think of a few examples where players have started poorly then managed to stay and establish themselves as first team regulars.

Ricksen being one and Lovenkrands who was quite young, suppose Goldson could fall into that category.

Not forgetting McCoist 

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A few is underestimating it mate :lol: 

Yeah there was quite a large opinion on things at that time as there always is when we fall apart entering the final stages of a season empty handed. 

Thankfully Stevie and the players took it up a few gears and now have the steel and mentality of winners. 

Archived