When you got it wrong

Essandoh

7 hours ago, peter huistra said:

Not many players survive at our club unless they hit the ground running can only think of a few examples where players have started poorly then managed to stay and establish themselves as first team regulars.

Ricksen being one and Lovenkrands who was quite young, suppose Goldson could fall into that category.

You’ve obviously forgot McCoist, Hately and Goram. That’s why as fans we need to give all players time before deciding.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Motherwell game when we were 1-0 at home after going out the LC. Couldn’t see us scoring and thought it was the beginning of the collapse we’d seen the last 2 seasons. Got it badly wrong. 

Also Barton was just what we needed at the time he signed. 

I think we'll look back at that game and realise that was a pivotal 45 mins of football for our football club.

I certainly wasn't at the point where I wanted Gerrard out but I defenitely didn't see us turning around our bad run at the time. Sometimes a team falls and they never pick it up again, I thought that'd be us.

Thank fuck the board seen that he was better than anyone to know what we needed in the summer!

1 hour ago, Jasper Blues said:

That takes bottle E. 

Well done Sir. 

I applaud you. 

Och not really mate I’ve made an arse of myself in plenty threads on here and dare I say it Ibrox with certain opinions

Any Rangers fan - or football fan for that matter - that says they’ve never got something wrong or went a bit overboard is lying

We all want the same thing at the end of the day, rarely is any criticism on here out of malice

1 hour ago, beararse said:

James Beattie when he signed.

Thought he’d score for fun.

Utter dug shite.

My mate perforated 80% of his ear drum because of James Beattie. He heard Sky Sports News on the tele and went running up the stairs at the prospect of Rangers actually signing someone (we hadn’t signed anyone for two seasons). Problem was he had a cotton bud in his ear and tripped...

Lucky bastard managed to keep his hearing in that ear :lol: 

37 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

My mate perforated 80% of his ear drum because of James Beattie. He heard Sky Sports News on the tele and went running up the stairs at the prospect of Rangers actually signing someone (we hadn’t signed anyone for two seasons). Problem was he had a cotton bud in his ear and tripped...

Lucky bastard managed to keep his hearing in that ear :lol: 

Bloody hell.

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Och not really mate I’ve made an arse of myself in plenty threads on here and dare I say it Ibrox with certain opinions

Any Rangers fan - or football fan for that matter - that says they’ve never got something wrong or went a bit overboard is lying

We all want the same thing at the end of the day, rarely is any criticism on here out of malice

Fair. 

My good lady isn't a football fan, but if she was, she would be the exception to your rule - she never gets ANYTHING wrong! 

Sorry, she told me to say that. 

Thing is football can change quickly so yer opinion might have been correct at the time 👍🏻👌🏻, basically the same players were bags of the shite variety according to everybody and rightly so the last two season now they’re on the brink of legends 

14 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Thing is football can change quickly so yer opinion might have been correct at the time 👍🏻👌🏻, basically the same players were bags of the shite variety according to everybody and rightly so the last two season now they’re on the brink of legends 

Basically just a roundabout way of admitting you were wrong about Barisic imo :stevieg:

3 hours ago, beararse said:

James Beattie when he signed.

He was booked to give out the prizes at my daughter's (Southampton) swimming club a few years ago. Even though most of the kids weren't alive when he last played for Southampton. It was pretty warm in there admittedly, but he walked out after 20 minutes saying never mind my fee.

Suddenly his Rangers career made sense. Lazy useless twat that turned tail at any kind of minor difficulty. 

4 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Yeah there was quite a large opinion on things at that time as there always is when we fall apart entering the final stages of a season empty handed. 

Thankfully Stevie and the players took it up a few gears and now have the steel and mentality of winners. 

I got pelters for defending SG on here and comparing the time SAF had before Man U won anything under him. Don't feel so bad now!

I stumbled across SportScene on BBC Scotland, earlier today.
The Irishman, with the English name, who used to work for the Scotsman .....
Unexpectedly recanting at least some of his prior proclamations.
Particularly, how much of a mistake signing Gerrard would prove to be.
Doesn't absolve this masquerading pundit from his previous form.
Especially the 'execrable' comment, after the crush outside Rugby Park in August 2019.
Regardless, I do enjoy the sound of sanctimonious commentators choking on their humble pie.

17 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Football fans are fickle, when have you made an absolute rip roaring cunt of it and been proven so wrong by a player/manager? :lol: 

I made a thread on here at the start of the season after 0-0 with Livingston saying we’d have a new manager by that time next year :belm:

I think collectively this board gets it wrong a lot. Pretty much all of our squad are two games away from being world beaters, or written off as absolute shite 

14 hours ago, The Godfather said:

It wasn't the depth imo, it was mentality. Mentality that we now have in the team. 

No point trying to dig people up on things when we were clearly struggling and desperate for any form of success. Just enjoy the here and now

Roofe itten balogun improved us. Morelos is not firing we don't just rely on a past it Defoe even if he's a great goal scorer. Squad is much better. 

15 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Roofe itten balogun improved us. Morelos is not firing we don't just rely on a past it Defoe even if he's a great goal scorer. Squad is much better. 

Defoe was not past it for this league, he's never let us down when called upon. 

Mentality is much better, clear as day in guys like Tav who have kept the levels up all season long. L

44 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Defoe was not past it for this league, he's never let us down when called upon. 

Mentality is much better, clear as day in guys like Tav who have kept the levels up all season long. L

Yes he can score goals but he's not going to start every week. Compare this squad to last season. Roofe and Itten coming on and scoring goals. We didn't have that last season. 

Archived