14 hours ago, The Godfather said:

It wasn't the depth imo, it was mentality. Mentality that we now have in the team. 

No point trying to dig people up on things when we were clearly struggling and desperate for any form of success. Just enjoy the here and now

Roofe itten balogun improved us. Morelos is not firing we don't just rely on a past it Defoe even if he's a great goal scorer. Squad is much better. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lost count.  If it means us being champions and putting those peadophiles in their place then here's to making an absolute cunt of it more often. 

Football fans are fickle, when have you made an absolute rip roaring cunt of it and been proven so wrong by a player/manager?   I made a thread on here at the start of the season after 0-0 with L

Described Barasic as utter fucking shite, also spent about half an hour giving him abuse while pished at Fir Park before I realized it wasn't actually Barasic I was shouting at.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Roofe itten balogun improved us. Morelos is not firing we don't just rely on a past it Defoe even if he's a great goal scorer. Squad is much better. 

Defoe was not past it for this league, he's never let us down when called upon. 

Mentality is much better, clear as day in guys like Tav who have kept the levels up all season long. L

hammer93 likes this
44 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Defoe was not past it for this league, he's never let us down when called upon. 

Mentality is much better, clear as day in guys like Tav who have kept the levels up all season long. L

Yes he can score goals but he's not going to start every week. Compare this squad to last season. Roofe and Itten coming on and scoring goals. We didn't have that last season. 

Easily Gerrard.

I thought it was a sign of desperation as well as a frank assessment of where we had ended up. We'd sacked a Portuguese manager who we plucked from nowhere and we'd been knocked back by McIness (thank fuck!). Now we were bringing in a marque name, but one known for his playing career rather than his threadbare managerial experience. I was a bit more positive with a senior coach like McAllister signing too and expected SG's name could attract players, but not a chance I predicted the transformation into a quality side that's looked every bit the part even against Champions League calibre teams.

Will also hold my hands up and say that there was several points throughout SG's tenure that I believed my original view correct and wanted him gone. Always seemed to do well in Europe, but if you can't get it done domestically then you're simply not good enough for Rangers. Strictly speaking he's still not got it done domestically, but that'll change very soon.

5 minutes ago, Marco said:

Easily Gerrard.

I thought it was a sign of desperation as well as a frank assessment of where we had ended up. We'd sacked a Portuguese manager who we plucked from nowhere and we'd been knocked back by McIness (thank fuck!). Now we were bringing in a marque name, but one known for his playing career rather than his threadbare managerial experience. I was a bit more positive with a senior coach like McAllister signing too and expected SG's name could attract players, but not a chance I predicted the transformation into a quality side that's looked every bit the part even against Champions League calibre teams.

Will also hold my hands up and say that there was several points throughout SG's tenure that I believed my original view correct and wanted him gone. Always seemed to do well in Europe, but if you can't get it done domestically then you're simply not good enough for Rangers. Strictly speaking he's still not got it done domestically, but that'll change very soon.

Don’t think that’s necessarily even getting it wrong, mate. Some of the losses and new year performances and results were shocking. He was right to get abuse for them. He’s always been able to pick a player and his system is great when it works - just wasn’t a plan B. He’s a young manager who is learning and has the potential to be an all-time great but the lack of adapting almost cost him his career here 

20 hours ago, bluenoz said:

A lot of people are going to get that one wrong. 

For the record I think the guy has something and he was getting slated on the live match thread yesterday when I thought he was doing ok. So many were being negative i assumed i was being daft. 

bluenoz likes this
4 minutes ago, Brubear said:

For the record I think the guy has something and he was getting slated on the live match thread yesterday when I thought he was doing ok. So many were being negative i assumed i was being daft. 

Best to stay clear of the match day thread during the game mate, I do. There is a lot of things said wrong during the heat of the moment.

On 23/01/2021 at 11:53, peter huistra said:

Not many players survive at our club unless they hit the ground running can only think of a few examples where players have started poorly then managed to stay and establish themselves as first team regulars.

Ricksen being one and Lovenkrands who was quite young, suppose Goldson could fall into that category.

What about McCoist? To young to remember, but apparently the full stadium used to sing Ally Ally gtf...

Don't remember Lovenkrands having a bad start. Remember thinking that he was the fastest player I had ever seen by some difference and thinking that someone was going to go through him cause they couldn't keep up and he would lose that lightning pace he had. Which, inevitably, did happen.  

Was still fast when he came back but nowhere near the speed when he literally burst (with pace) pm to the scene. 

On 23/01/2021 at 12:23, My Fathers Scarf said:

Thought Duncan Ferguson would be a brilliant signing for us. Sadly, so did the governing bodies and forced him out the country. ☹

That headbutt was nothing compared with some I've seen since. 

Zidane's for one, if that header was on Roberto Carlos he would have killed him🤣🤣

My Fathers Scarf likes this
On 24/01/2021 at 14:57, Redwhiteandblue said:

What about McCoist? To young to remember, but apparently the full stadium used to sing Ally Ally gtf...

Don't remember Lovenkrands having a bad start. Remember thinking that he was the fastest player I had ever seen by some difference and thinking that someone was going to go through him cause they couldn't keep up and he would lose that lightning pace he had. Which, inevitably, did happen.  

Was still fast when he came back but nowhere near the speed when he literally burst (with pace) pm to the scene. 

For some reason I had totally forgot about Super Ally, I was born 84 though but I can mind him being nicknamed the Judge a bit later.

Lovenkrands never really got going till big Eck came in and he got more game time that second half of 2001/2002 season, suppose Advocaat was just easing him and not really a bad start like I posted. 

On 23/01/2021 at 11:08, Essandoh said:

Football fans are fickle, when have you made an absolute rip roaring cunt of it and been proven so wrong by a player/manager? :lol: 

I made a thread on here at the start of the season after 0-0 with Livingston saying we’d have a new manager by that time next year :belm:

I'll never forget bumping into ally at a petrol station and recommending he sign a good player from my hometown team southend United by the name of bilel mohsni. 😂

MisterC and Essandoh like this
On 24/01/2021 at 14:57, Redwhiteandblue said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say it was the full stadium mate but he certainly took a hell of an amount of abuse from the stands, there was however still a bit of support for him. When he first came we were in a terrible place as a football team and the support was at each others throats, with him being the main striker he caught the brunt of it. 

2 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

I doubt many would have lost any sleep had he gone at the end of last season...

I thought he was done after the hearts cup exit.

That interview he just looked like he had enough. Delighted to be wrong

We regrouped and we've came back this season on a different level.

BridgeIsBlue likes this
1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

One thing I'm glad I got wrong was the severity at which the tarriers would take to us possibly winning 55. Expected some slight meltdown but fuck me! Cunts keep pouring gasoline on their fire every fucking day :lol:

Called it :pipe:

Just a few years early :lol:

E3273764-8E5D-4DCF-9C1D-5824ABC65F20.jpeg

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

One thing I'm glad I got wrong was the severity at which the tarriers would take to us possibly winning 55. Expected some slight meltdown but fuck me! Cunts keep pouring gasoline on their fire every fucking day :lol:

I got that one right (two years ago) at least: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-meltdown-over-rangers-defeat-13842921

Malkytfp1 likes this
On 24/01/2021 at 11:27, NorthernLights said:

Don’t think that’s necessarily even getting it wrong, mate. Some of the losses and new year performances and results were shocking. He was right to get abuse for them. He’s always been able to pick a player and his system is great when it works - just wasn’t a plan B. He’s a young manager who is learning and has the potential to be an all-time great but the lack of adapting almost cost him his career here 

Pretty weird attitude. You can criticise without abusing.