When you got it wrong

Essandoh

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

At the time halliday was a better player than barisic given barisic was an utter shitebag and offered nothing in the way of fight, fuck knows what happened after gerrards first season but that summer barisic came back with a huge set of balls and showed that he was a top player

Aye, I hate when foreign players need time to settle in as well.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Willis said:

I've got it wrong plenty of times

But one time I got it right was when I said that the wee prick Scott Allan would patch us and sign for the vermin, had folk calling me a mongo and all sorts 😅 sure a poster on here claimed he'd join ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ if Allan signed for celtic 😅 cannae fuckin mind who it was now. I wish I'd put a bet on it would have probably been good odds.

But I was right, get it up yeez 😅 thank fuck anyway he's a wee nae-user bastard

How did you know? Inside information? Know him or family personally? I’m genuinely interested as I was flabbergasted at his decision, just can’t fathom how I Rangers fan could do what he done... I guess he probably never was one but it pissed me off at the time.... still , I think we dodged a bullet,injury prone gutless wanker so he is! 

Me and the Old Man used to slate Lovenkrands whenever he played. We thought he was absolutely useless but would always pop up against them. 

He was brilliant after that and I happily ate some humble pie as he became one of my favourite players around that time. Absolutely rapid.

I was gutted when he left, then again, I was gutted when Kenny Miller left for Wolves :lol:

4 hours ago, MK Dumfries said:

How did you know? Inside information? Know him or family personally? I’m genuinely interested as I was flabbergasted at his decision, just can’t fathom how I Rangers fan could do what he done... I guess he probably never was one but it pissed me off at the time.... still , I think we dodged a bullet,injury prone gutless wanker so he is! 

I honestly just had a weird feeling mate, I remembered us giving it the big yin about signing Brown only for him to go to the taigs. And there was so much talk about him signing for us with nothing concrete, and I just had a weird feeling that they'd swoop in and get him. We were a shambles at that point.

17 minutes ago, Willis said:

I honestly just had a weird feeling mate, I remembered us giving it the big yin about signing Brown only for him to go to the taigs. And there was so much talk about him signing for us with nothing concrete, and I just had a weird feeling that they'd swoop in and get him. We were a shambles at that point.

They are desperate for their “Maurice Johnston” moment and avenge it and genuinely think they thought that was it . Instead he turned into another diddy on the bench  . 

4 hours ago, Johnsey said:

Me and the Old Man used to slate Lovenkrands whenever he played. We thought he was absolutely useless but would always pop up against them. 

He was brilliant after that and I happily ate some humble pie as he became one of my favourite players around that time. Absolutely rapid.

I was gutted when he left, then again, I was gutted when Kenny Miller left for Wolves :lol:

Lovenkrands was a bit Novoesque. Not the greatest footballer and could be infuriating with how limited he was sometimes but had a knack of scoring goals at big moments.

6 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

They are desperate for their “Maurice Johnston” moment and avenge it and genuinely think they thought that was it . Instead he turned into another diddy on the bench  . 

A Maurice Johnston moment for them would have been signing someone like Barry Ferguson when he came back from Blackburn. I guess they already got it with Alfie Conn who was such an idol to our fans back in the 70s. @Mr Soprano you meeting him :lol: 

21 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

A Maurice Johnston moment for them would have been signing someone like Barry Ferguson when he came back from Blackburn. I guess they already got it with Alfie Conn who was such an idol to our fans back in the 70s. @Mr Soprano you meeting him :lol: 

Don’t remind me :lol: my Grampa’s face man.

Biggest clanger i remember I had was about Mols.....the first time I saw him live was Ian Fergusons testimonial against Sunderland if I remember correct.....anyway I was less than impressed and claimed to my mate that he looked like another Erik bo Anderson :confused::lol:

Fair to say that statement came back to bite me on the arse

Thought Dorrans would win POTY when he first signed.

Also thought Murphy would be our best player when he signed...

Thought Kent was poor when first signed and only thought he was playing because of his Liverpool connection. That changed fairly quickly once things started happening for him. Gerrard said stick with him as when it works out for him, we will love him. Think a few people should remember that when things aren't quite going his way. On his day, there's no better player of his kind in the league.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

As per the thread title you have got this wrong because I don’t believe his grampa did that to him.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

As per the thread title you have got this wrong because I don’t believe his grampa did that to him.

Wur u there 

12 hours ago, Marky. said:

Thought Dorrans would win POTY when he first signed.

Also thought Murphy would be our best player when he signed...

Thought Kent was poor when first signed and only thought he was playing because of his Liverpool connection. That changed fairly quickly once things started happening for him. Gerrard said stick with him as when it works out for him, we will love him. Think a few people should remember that when things aren't quite going his way. On his day, there's no better player of his kind in the league.

Needs to be his day a lot more though 

On 16/02/2021 at 11:40, real boydie9 said:

Embarrassed to admit this. Sir Walter Smith replacing Souness. I expected a big name to come in when Graeme left the club. Was really surprised when Sir Walter was given the job. Its not that I didn't rate him, far from it. I just didn't see him as a manager. 

Was Walter given the job permanently straight away or after the Aberdeen game?

I just realised I don't know the answer to that and I've never thought about it until now :lol: 

Archived