When you got it wrong

Essandoh

26 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Was Walter given the job permanently straight away or after the Aberdeen game?

I just realised I don't know the answer to that and I've never thought about it until now :lol: 

He was caretaker manager I think, then full time after the league was won. Think Souness said to Murray that he would stay until the end of the season but Murray wanted him gone straight away.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Marky. said:

Thought Dorrans would win POTY when he first signed.

Also thought Murphy would be our best player when he signed...

Thought Kent was poor when first signed and only thought he was playing because of his Liverpool connection. That changed fairly quickly once things started happening for him. Gerrard said stick with him as when it works out for him, we will love him. Think a few people should remember that when things aren't quite going his way. On his day, there's no better player of his kind in the league.

Took me a while to like Kent tbh. Rapid Vienna at home made me realise how good he can be.

1 hour ago, real boydie9 said:

He was caretaker manager I think, then full time after the league was won. Think Souness said to Murray that he would stay until the end of the season but Murray wanted him gone straight away.

Nah im sure he was perma gaffer right away, can remember the press conference and everything 

27 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Nah im sure he was perma gaffer right away, can remember the press conference and everything 

When Souness left for Liverpool in April 1991, Smith was appointed interim manager.[6] This was made permanent in May 1991, after the club clinched its fourth title in five seasons. Wikipedia 

Archived