***** The Official Hibs vs Rangers Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is our cup final.

Win this and we have one hand firmly on the trophy.

After this we only have Livi away as the last of the ten away games against last years top six (excluding them) in Liewells skewed fixture list.

Remember they will have had ten home games against last years top six by the split.

Post split we in theory should have 5 home games but we know that won't happen so watch for us going to Aberdeen for a third time. The only thing stopping us getting a third away game to a last season top six is Dundee Utd taking Motherwell's place in the top six post split as it stands at the moment so they will be our other away game. 

We now have the "easier" on paper run of games to the end of the season after the Livi game. 

1 hour ago, Brackley said:

This is our cup final.

Win this and we have one hand firmly on the trophy.

After this we only have Livi away as the last of the ten away games against last years top six (excluding them) in Liewells skewed fixture list.

Remember they will have had ten home games against last years top six by the split.

Post split we in theory should have 5 home games but we know that won't happen so watch for us going to Aberdeen for a third time. The only thing stopping us getting a third away game to a last season top six is Dundee Utd taking Motherwell's place in the top six post split as it stands at the moment so they will be our other away game. 

We now have the "easier" on paper run of games to the end of the season after the Livi game. 

We already have both hands on the trophy we are not going to lose the league now.

8 minutes ago, ayro said:

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Borna

Jack Davis Aribo

Hagi Morelos Kent

Win, no injuries, clean sheet, performance in that order 🇬🇧

Balogun for Helander (for pace) and Kamara for Aribo would be my team.

If the spoonburners play anything like recent form, we have no worries.

Wonder if we’ll keep our 4-2-3-1 we played on Saturday or keep our more solid 4-3-3.

4-2-3-1

McGregor

Tav

Goldson

Helander

Borna

Jack

Davis

Hagi

Arbo

Kent

Morelos

4-3-3

McGregor

Tav

Goldson

Helander

Borna

Jack

Davis

Kamara

Aribo

Morelos

Kent

49 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

SG is never leaving Kamara out, not until Jack is fully fit anyway. I agree that Balogun could be put in for his pace.

10 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Wonder if we’ll keep our 4-2-3-1 we played on Saturday or keep our more solid 4-3-3.

4-2-3-1

McGregor

Tav

Goldson

Helander

Borna

Jack

Davis

Hagi

Arbo

Kent

Morelos

4-3-3

McGregor

Tav

Goldson

Helander

Borna

Jack

Davis

Kamara

Aribo

Morelos

Kent

4231. No reason not to treat they spoon burning fucks like the majority of the league. They are alot more shite that the last time we played them.

6 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

SG is never leaving Kamara out, not until Jack is fully fit anyway. I agree that Balogun could be put in for his pace.

I don't have an issue with Balogun but against this mob it might be better with Helander for his strength in the air.

They'll be launching the ball from behind their own goal line never mind from the middle.

57 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Yeah didn’t think Helander played great at Easter Road but equally thought Balogun gave them a chance or two at Ibrox.

I think Aribo needs to play as he is the one that can be a difference in attacking from midfield while Arfield is out and Hagi used further forward.

They are in poor form but played well against us 4 weeks ago, took a point from the filth and generally give us a hard time.

Would love if we performed similar to the weekend as no one in Scotland can deal with us.

A good fast start, play for 90 mins and we win this with a bit to spare. Won't be surprised to see Roofe on the bench.

Jack did more than enough on Saturday to merit a start.

Pitch is a concern - apparently in bad shape but weather looks OK for Wenesday. Temperature around zero but wind will be light.

Any win will do but I quite fancy 3-0.

8 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

A good fast start, play for 90 mins and we win this with a bit to spare. Won't be surprised to see Roofe on the bench.

Jack did more than enough on Saturday to merit a start.

Pitch is a concern - apparently in bad shape but weather looks OK for Wenesday. Temperature around zero but wind will be light.

Any win will do but I quite fancy 3-0.

Don't think SG will risk Jack from the start, especially if the pitch is as bad as has been stated. I think that the starting XI from Saturday did enough to start again. Expect to see Jack getting 30 minutes off the bench, though.

Archived