***** The Official Hibs vs Rangers Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, Electric Soup said:

We have 1 league game (St. Mirren @ Ibrox), in a 33 day period from 13th Feb through 20th Mar.
Because of the Livingston away game on the 21st Feb having to to be moved.
Our neighbours have 7 league matches in 22 days.
IMHO, I can't see them managing 7 wins in a row (especially) during these three weeks.
Away to Kilmarnock, away to St. Johnstone, and the first of a home double-header against Aberdeen.
We can sit back and watch the Royal Antwerp ties, while they drop more points attempting to catch up.
And the more games that are played, the less we have to worry about the league being called short.

You’d have to be a clown to worry about that even being a possibility

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You’d have to be a clown to worry about that even being a possibility

Well, you'd have to be pretty confident that none of the other clubs, or the 'authorities', would try to undermine the obvious.
But, they both have previous form, when it comes to situations like this.
They won't let a brass neck, or an uproar from us, stop them from pushing the limits just as far as they can.
So, until it's a mathematical certainty, and I don't mean the odds at the bookies, I'll delay the relief and the celebrations.
At the moment, we're in a race to get over the line, before they can find a reason to diminish our (likely) achievement.

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Livi are on a good run they’ll be desperate to rearrange their game.

Aye, with the Europa ties on the 18th & 25th of Feb, maybe they'll push it back to 13th Mar, between the St. Mirren and Old Firm games?
I just want as many of our fixtures played, and as quickly as possible.

1 hour ago, LythamGer said:

Looks like the Livi game is now 3rd March

Just looked at that on the fixture list.
We'll get back from Belgium on Fri 26th, which leaves 5 days to get ready for the trip along the M8.
The first fixtures in Mar, assuming they've managed to play their games in hand, we'll be looking at the actual points difference.
For the weekend of Fixture 31, we have St. Mirren at Ibrox on the Saturday, and they have Dundee Utd. away on the Sunday.
They can (hopefully) watch us add another three points, while they sweat about Tannadice.

9 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Don't give a fuck how we play as long as we get 3 points and no injuries, every game every week that's all I'm looking for just now. 

This. It has to be the way we approach every game until it's over the line. We have more than enough to beat these cunts! 

5 hours ago, Electric Soup said:

Well, you'd have to be pretty confident that none of the other clubs, or the 'authorities', would try to undermine the obvious.
But, they both have previous form, when it comes to situations like this.
They won't let a brass neck, or an uproar from us, stop them from pushing the limits just as far as they can.
So, until it's a mathematical certainty, and I don't mean the odds at the bookies, I'll delay the relief and the celebrations.
At the moment, we're in a race to get over the line, before they can find a reason to diminish our (likely) achievement.

By tomorrow we will have played over 2 thirds of the season. No chance of us being cheated out of it . 

4 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Any win will do and especially given who we are playing. Easter road has become a bogey ground for us and it's time that was rectified. Any win will do but I'd love us to put on a champions performance and get an emphatic win.

I’m more worried about the cow park we have to play on than I am about their team

8 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

I’m more worried about the cow park we have to play on than I am about their team

Well as long as we come through unscathed that's the main thing. On a shite pitch you need the character in the team to come through and adapt. Maybe we wont see scintillating football but as long as we win that's all that matters 

Archived