Aribo

billythebear1986

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ariel Ortega said:

The reason he gets ‘negative shit’ is because since he joined he’s never achieved any sustained period of consistency. 

First season finding his feet but still shows man of match against celtic away and wonder goal v braga. This year best payer in league until injury then doesn’t come back as sharp and our fans claim he’s pish.

3 minutes ago, billythebear1986 said:

First season finding his feet but still shows man of match against celtic away and wonder goal v braga. This year best payer in league until injury then doesn’t come back as sharp and our fans claim he’s pish.

No one said he's pish but if you only do it in 1 game in 4 it's a problem aether you want ta believe that or not 

Played great today, love watching him glide past players. Looks like he should be a bit soft but he’s strong and clever.

With consistency he will be fantastic. He’s got something special and will make us a lot of money when the time is right.

7 minutes ago, billythebear1986 said:

Lol at no point has he ever been the best player in the league 

5 minutes ago, billythebear1986 said:

The fact that he can score that goal against Braga then go a handful of league games without making any kind of impact will and should result in criticism. 

I like Aribo and think he’ll get better but he needs to become more consistent. 

10 minutes ago, billythebear1986 said:

That never happened

Just now, Ariel Ortega said:

Very rough diamond. Seriously needs to establish a sold period of high performances

That’s true but if we can give him a bit of polish I think he has it all in his locker, 2 feet, can dribble, decent range of passing, can get his foot into a tackle, can finish.

He's inconsistent but this is the longest period of high pressure football he’s ever had in his puff, I’ve got hope for him.

Just now, billythebear1986 said:

Did you watch our early games? Why was it such a massive loss than joe got injured? Kent arguably was better but joe was unreal 

Kent was definitely the best player at the start. And performances in meaningless friendlies don’t constitute being the best player in the league for goodness sake!

Just now, Bigdave30 said:

That’s true but if we can give him a bit of polish I think he has it all in his locker, 2 feet, can dribble, decent range of passing, can get his foot into a tackle, can finish.

He's inconsistent but this is the longest period of high pressure football he’s ever had in his puff, I’ve got hope for him.

He was certainly highly thought of in England and seemed a coup. Hopefully he drives on from here. 

The front 3 behind Morelos need to always be moving if we're going to play with one up top. I think that was proven on Sunday and today in terms of performance.

Going off that point Aribo needs to be starting off the right for me. His best football for us was last December (2019) when he played off the right and most of his goals and assists have came from the right hand side.

When he cuts in he's so powerful and technical he can shoot or pick out passes from there. He gets the goal from doing that today and we got our second at Pittodrie from him cutting in and popping the ball into Kent.

People might actually not have said he is pish but most people haven't been selecting him in their match day thread.

Last week against Motherwell he was awful  but most weeks he is decent and then other weeks he is fantastic. He makes my starting 11 more often than not. I predicted pre match game that he would play well today.

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Naturally gifted footballer who on his day is the best in Scotland by far. 

When he gets consistency into his game he will be frightening. 

This just isn’t true. We have several players in our team who have consistently proven they’re better. 

Archived