Kai Kennedy

TerryTibbs

2 hours ago, CoopsLaud said:

The guy is the real deal. He is easily good enough for the SPFL.

He's as good in his position as our current second choice Right back is. So how he doesn't have Jordan Jones place in the squad baffles me. 

Looked excellent anytime I seen him play against mens teams last season when our U21 squad done pretty well in the Irn Bru cup.

8 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

He's as good in his position as our current second choice Right back is. So how he doesn't have Jordan Jones place in the squad baffles me. 

Looked excellent anytime I seen him play against mens teams last season when our U21 squad done pretty well in the Irn Bru cup.

Could never understand why he was never given a sustained run Hopefully he is being cleverly managed and his time is coming with us.

5 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

He was the target of Gerrard's observation about attitude and egos in the academy and was making demands and refusing to sign a new contract last summer. Probably getting his head filled with shit by an agent and hopefully has his feet back on the ground and can fulfil his potential.

By "our current second choice Right back" I assume you mean Nathan Patterson - also a great prospect but with a better attitude and less ego.

Fingers crossed both will develop into modern day Sandy Jardines and Davie Coopers

On 24/01/2021 at 21:09, the cry was no said:

He was the target of Gerrard's observation about attitude and egos in the academy and was making demands and refusing to sign a new contract last summer. Probably getting his head filled with shit by an agent and hopefully has his feet back on the ground and can fulfil his potential.

By "our current second choice Right back" I assume you mean Nathan Patterson - also a great prospect but with a better attitude and less ego.

Fingers crossed both will develop into modern day Sandy Jardines and Davie Coopers

A qtr of the player both those two were would be alright with me.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

With the signing of Wright and the two Bournemouth lads, it's not exactly a confidence boost for players like Kennedy, Mayo, King or Dickson that their time is coming any time soon.

Kelly seems to be highly rated and in our plans. King is very young and shouldn't worry about other signings. Dickson has just signed a contract extension. They'll hopefully see Patterson as an example of the pathway to thec1st team in the next season or so.  I'm not so sure about Mayo or Barjonas.

I think there'll be lots more excitement and activity for the youths in and around the 1st team as soon as the league is wrapped up.  I'd have thought they'll be positive and raring to go if / when given the opportunity. 

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Kelly seems to be highly rated and in our plans. King is very young and shouldn't worry about other signings. Dickson has just signed a contract extension. They'll hopefully see Patterson as an example of the pathway to thec1st team in the next season or so.  I'm not so sure about Mayo or Barjonas.

I think there'll be lots more excitement and activity for the youths in and around the 1st team as soon as the league is wrapped up.  I'd have thought they'll be positive and raring to go if / when given the opportunity. 

I think it's a mix of where is best for them too, playing week in week out in the SPL or getting 20 minutes here and there when games are over. It's why I think we seriously need a Colts team too where our U-21's maybe with a couple of older players can get some senior experience move on to a SPL loan, then on to the senior side.

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

I think it's a mix of where is best for them too, playing week in week out in the SPL or getting 20 minutes here and there when games are over. It's why I think we seriously need a Colts team too where our U-21's maybe with a couple of older players can get some senior experience move on to a SPL loan, then on to the senior side.

I kind of get your point but look at Patterson on Saturday. He hit the ground running so he is clearly benefitting from training daily with seasoned players despite hardly ever playing.

In recent years, I haven't been a fan of the loan system. Rarely do our players come back better players. In fact more often than not they regress.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I kind of get your point but look at Patterson on Saturday. He hit the ground running so he is clearly benefitting from training daily with seasoned players despite hardly ever playing.

In recent years, I haven't been a fan of the loan system. Rarely do our players come back better players. In fact more often than not they regress.

How many of our players would have benefited from the other side of it and not actually playing though? I reckon Patterson will be away on loan next season with the expectation he will be ready to be playing every week for an SPL side. Patterson has come in for cameos mainly when our side has been playing lower division sides or when the games already won. I think he will be great but you know if he had three bad games everyone on here would be shouting for him to be sold.

28 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

How many of our players would have benefited from the other side of it and not actually playing though? I reckon Patterson will be away on loan next season with the expectation he will be ready to be playing every week for an SPL side. Patterson has come in for cameos mainly when our side has been playing lower division sides or when the games already won. I think he will be great but you know if he had three bad games everyone on here would be shouting for him to be sold.

Look at young Kelly... he is now well into his second season on loan. If he doesn't make the team this summer, the chances just get slimmer and slimmer. I see it happen all the time.

Patterson is ready now, he just happens to be fighting for a spot against one of our better players who never gets injured and is our captain. 

Gerrard must have had positive things to say to young Kennedy in order to sway him to sign.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Look at young Kelly... he is now well into his second season on loan. If he doesn't make the team this summer, the chances just get slimmer and slimmer. I see it happen all the time.

Patterson is ready now, he just happens to be fighting for a spot against one of our better players who never gets injured and is our captain. 

Gerrard must have had positive things to say to young Kennedy in order to sway him to sign.

I'd say Kelly is going to improve more being at County on loan than barely making the bench for a season though. Training is all well and good but games are what matter.

What evidence is there that Patterson is ready now outside of his cameo appearances? I think he looks great too, but whether he can play well on a consistent basis and nail down a first team place is exactly what loans are for.

12 hours ago, bluenoz said:

With the signing of Wright and the two Bournemouth lads, it's not exactly a confidence boost for players like Kennedy, Mayo, King or Dickson that their time is coming any time soon.

Think that they’re being viewed as replacements for Edmundson, Jones, Stewart rather than pushing the young lads down. Would expect them to be involved in preseason and see how it goes 

In contrast to Saturday, Kennedy was poor tonight. Only remember him going on one run with the ball and it didn’t lead to anything. To be fair though Raith overall were terrible. He didn’t really stand much of a chance. Played most of the game with 10 men. Hearts absolutely ran all over them.