Kai Kennedy

TerryTibbs

On 26/01/2021 at 00:26, J-Maestro said:

I'd say Kelly is going to improve more being at County on loan than barely making the bench for a season though. Training is all well and good but games are what matter.

What evidence is there that Patterson is ready now outside of his cameo appearances? I think he looks great too, but whether he can play well on a consistent basis and nail down a first team place is exactly what loans are for.

Spot on.

I also wouldn't be against keeping on loaning out Kelly until he's 23/24 to give him a chance of developing into being ready for us.

5 hours ago, herdy89 said:

An assist and a peach of a goal today

Other than the highlights here of Raith versus Hearts, I haven't seen young Kennedy. But it sounds like a typical youngster. Blows hot and cold.

It was the same when they thought Turnbull and Soro would rescue their season. Neither were old enough or experienced enough to drive the scum onto the dozen or so wins in a row they would have needed to create a title race.

Now that we've stopped the 10, hopefully it will be a little easier to bleed some of the youngsters into the team next season. They will need to need to learn how important consistency is, but hopefully pulling them in and out of the team depending on performance would do that. 

Loaning players to lower league clubs, part time clubs never seems to work for us. It has to be clubs in our league or better but apart from McGregor and Adam 15 plus years ago I cannot think of any other loan benefitting other than getting rid of these potentials for pittances. Maybe loans to clubs in Holland,Belgium etc where there is a better football progression culture would be of more benefit for club and player.