• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big man deserves a thread, was solid and consistent today. Several times I saw him command the situation and snuff out the danger, had a lot of confident efficient touches too. Plus he scored a belter

Absolute class act. What a defender this guy is. 

Fucking hell, I'm trying to think but is that right?

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Ariel Ortega said:

Balogun has more pace and I think he’s been a decent find, but there’s a reason Helander was playing in Serie A. 

Balogun has been near flawless in his few appearances recently (and before that) so we have great options for that spot as @SeparateEntityMyArse said

I really like Balogun but have always thought Borna plays better with Helander in the team as the balance is better with him being naturally left footed.

There was a Goldson interview where he praised Helander reading of the game, composure etc which is what we need at the highest level.

He had a shit game against Benfica away this season but has been faultless out with.

Smile likes this
1 minute ago, The Beast said:

Better than Balogun in every aspect apart from pace.

Balogun is better at breaking from defence with the ball. He's also better at getting tight on attackers without fouling. I also think he exudes more confidence which helps others around him

Its nip and tuck between them, neither is considerably better than the other.

plumbGER, 32Blue, GA1972 and 1 other like this
2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Balogun is better at breaking from defence with the ball. He's also better at getting tight on attackers without fouling. I also think he exudes more confidence which helps others around him

Its nip and tuck between them, neither is considerably better than the other.

My first reaction is that Helander is the top man here. But honestly can't fault Balogun either, high confidence in both of them.

Superb recruitment all round.

The problem is his pace, it’s been said that the management team think if he had pace he would be playing for a top 6 team in the EPL. I think the system we play with 2 full backs bombing on leaves our centre haves exposed to pace down the sides. Against the better teams this is an issue.

i think he’s a great centre half but I think our system exposes his only weakness which is unfortunate