Nathan Patterson

BridgeIsBlue

Tav, whose played just about every game for us in the lowers and now is a baw hair away from leading us over the line to 55 - is not going to take any kind of back seat to allow us to give a “run” to ANY cunt ffs. 

it’s stupid to think that 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, fin8577 said:

It would be fantastic if we started to bring through some quality young players as well as signing good players for reasonable amounts. 

The Ajax method for me is what we should be looking to do.  I know we have brought through some good youngsters in the past but its always been very infrequent.  We just need a consistent string of youth players coming through.  

Ajax have the benefit of having a fully fledged B team plhaying against pros in the league every week

36 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Tav, whose played just about every game for us in the lowers and now is a baw hair away from leading us over the line to 55 - is not going to take any kind of back seat to allow us to give a “run” to ANY cunt ffs. 

it’s stupid to think that 

Its not his decision to make.

I think until the league is won Gerrard will go strong. After its won, factors including us still being in Europe/ the SC resuming could see more minutes for the likes of Patterson. And if Gerrard sees the benefit of that then thats what will happen.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Its not his decision to make.

I think until the league is won Gerrard will go strong. After its won, factors including us still being in Europe/ the SC resuming could see more minutes for the likes of Patterson. And if Gerrard sees the benefit of that then thats what will happen.

I agree it’s not his decision to make. But replacing Tav for the odd game and subbing him occasionally will not go down well, anywhere tbh. 

it will be like kicking him in the baws.  Which is why it won’t happen imo. 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I agree it’s not his decision to make. But replacing Tav for the odd game and subbing him occasionally will not go down well, anywhere tbh. 

it will be like kicking him in the baws.  Which is why it won’t happen imo. 

It's hardly kicking him in the baws if the league is won and Tav gets a rest for some games and his understudy gets some needed experience.

I actually hope and expect Gerrard does this when the title is secured- let's Patterson play some league games and Tav gets some of them too plus SC and the EL whilst we're in it.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Ajax have the benefit of having a fully fledged B team plhaying against pros in the league every week

While I agree that if we wanted to move to a better youth model the B team in the SPFL Championship would be a helpful idea, it's only in the last 6 or so years though that's been about in Holland. The previous good crop of players like Vermaelen, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Aldeweireld, Klaasen etc didn't come through that system. Klaasen I think may have played a couple of games for the B team in the second division, but that was already after he had made his first team debut because they got a second division spot in 2013.

At Ajax for a long time it's been more about the mentality of each year we try and produce 3 players for the first team and actually giving opportunities to players when others are sold. It would take someone really brave to implement that here. I don't think our fans would accept selling Ryan Kent and then replacing him with Kai Kennedy.

I’d be tempted to sign a backup right back in the summer and get Nathan out on loan.

Sure he’s good to have around however it’s not going to be good for his development long term being stuck on the bench all year only getting the odd 45 minutes in a cup game or 20 minutes when we are 3-0 up in the league.

At his age he needs to play to improve and 6 months on loan to a SPFL/English Championship side could do him a world of good. 

Been saying for ages this kid looks good really glad he's been given a newer and longer deal definitely will make an impact in the coming years. 

Next season will be a massive if we make the CL so I'm sure he will get more games so Tav is not over played and is fresher for the bigger games. 

Archived